IGNORED

Food Stops in the Southeast.

I was just up in Tellico Plains Friday, but ate at the Tellico Grains Bakery.   Maybe some of the SE crew can scout those for ya (less they already know about them.)  I have not eaten at either one, but yeah - I'm game.  

Yesterday, I had lunch ----> HERE. but I am guessing it is a different menu than your desired flavor.  :ohboy:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bernie said:

I have had a great breakfast at this place on morning: Country Corner Kitchen

Also Turners Corner is always a good stop . Riverside Tavern at Turners Corner

TWO in Suches, GA also makes a good stop if you are hungry.

One of the best Italian restaurants I have ever tried is in Clayton, GA Mama G's Italian Restaurant

The map links make it a lot easier to see and plan! :clap: Thanks! :thumbsup:

On 11/15/2021 at 6:45 AM, wbw6cos said:

Yeah. I should have mentioned that Bernie would know a few good eatin' places.

Hey Pat, I just remembered a lunch stop at this place.  I had a good fish & chips meal, but I have been told the burgers are good, too!

http://murphyschophouse.com/laprades/main.html

Screenshot 2021-11-15 070628.png

chop house is one of my favorite.  A little expensive, but I only go up there three or four times a year, so it is worth it.  as noted if you want the fish N chips, you might consider sharing it between two people.  It is a LOT of food.  or was prior to the pandemic

• Like 1

Pat,

So you're coming south for the winter??

Jim's Smokin Q is just south of Blairsville, GA, on US 19 in Booger Holler.  Can't miss it.  Excellent BBQ, huge portions, and Recently named “GA’s Best Place for Ribs” and “Best Place in Georgia for Barbeque,” NOT open on Sundays. Or between Dec 19 and Jan 12, '22.  Plan carefully.

image.png.e5b00f61d8592e8068828fb2dd4ff4e4.png

image.png.4145c78a14a243ff0dd0abb1de1dd7f0.png  image.png.c4bee6dd2353251cddc71c7dd62f1e32.png

A cuple of other very good eatin' places:

image.thumb.png.8d6a05c9c0332c601e1d136392fd9a69.png

And a little further to the east, in Franklin, NC, is the Cafe REL.  Ever had excellent French quisine in a gas station??  But I don't think you'd like it.

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeRel/

image.png.04ee70242feae7355cec05bdedea59db.png

Ya'll come!!

• Like 2

A couple up on the plateau are Cashiers Valley Smokehouse (I think you may have been, I know you've been to Caffe Rel in Franklin) and the Cornucopia in Cashiers, both are good but the ride(s) to get there are really good. From Silva/Cullowhee take Old Cullowhee to N. Norton. From Franklin take Walnut Creek to N. Norton, for a longer ride take Ellijay Rd to Old Cullowhee. Highlands has many restaurants but most are pricey and usually crowded, although one I've heard of recently is the pizza/Italian spot next to the supermarket at the east end of town, supposed to be good (the supermarket has good lunches/burgers too). The road east from there descends rapidly into the valley and eventually (dirt) crosses the old iron bridge at the Chattooga which should look familiar..

Before 

Untitled photo

during

Untitled photo

and after lunch, same rider different bike : )

Untitled photo

One other I just remembered if you're near Waynesville, Clyde's Restaurant is just off the expressway. Nothing fancy but good Southern fare where the locals eat, it's withstood the test of time.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

Pat,

So you're coming south for the winter??

Wish I could say yes but I’ve got snow to move before it all melts :dopeslap: when the winter season is over. :classic_biggrin: Thanks for the suggestions, Jim’s seems like the Q place for sure! :thumbsup:

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

and after lunch, same rider different bike : )

I actually liked the KLR better but didn’t mind giving it up. Now, if it wasn’t to the lady in the bunch, I might of whined a little. :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • 3 months later...
Lone_RT_rider
On 11/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, TEWKS said:

Wish I could say yes but I’ve got snow to move before it all melts :dopeslap: when the winter season is over. :classic_biggrin: Thanks for the suggestions, Jim’s seems like the Q place for sure! :thumbsup:

Pat,

If there is a ride day where Q is involved, lets talk. ;)  

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Pat,

If there is a ride day where Q is involved, lets talk. ;)  

Hmm, I’m beginning to feel a little “BBQ Road Food” profiled. :5146: :4323: Yes, one of my routes has Jim’s as a late lunch stop (time distances is guess work at this point) I do have some forest roads mapped in so, that could be a little hindrance on your new RT beauty. :dontknow:  Would love to have you along or we could try and tighten up a lunch time. :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I do have some forest roads mapped in so, that could be a little hindrance on your new RT beauty. :dontknow:  Would love to have you along or we could try and tighten up a lunch time. :thumbsup:

Freakin muddpuppies.... lol. :4607: if you send me the route, I could see if I could run it paralell to you and avoid those forest roads such that we meet up at lunch or ride together on the good parts.....er....paved parts. :D

• Like 1

Plus, he wouldn't want you to sling any mud up on his new Werks QR shield, done in bronze tint (not normally offered.)  :grin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Lone_RT_rider
32 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Plus, he wouldn't want you to sling any mud up on his new Werks QR shield, done in bronze tint (not normally offered.)  :grin:

I don't like mud on any of my bikes, including the GS I sold to get this RT. Yes, that's correct and not a typo. I went back to an RT FROM a GS. Oh the humanity! 🤣

• Like 2

I did that back in 05. 2005 GS to a 2005 RT. I failed at my first attempt in using a GS for long distance rides. In 2012 I took the next GS to Montana. That kind of cured that. :classic_biggrin:

If looking for goat paths aren’t your thing, the RT is the better tool! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Jake it was nice to finally get to meet in person! Yes, we ate there twice, it was awesome! :thumbsup:

I actually used some self control! :classic_biggrin:

23AF9D2C-12DC-4727-9BF2-AA45FEB4FDD4.jpeg

Excellent.  The unpictured couple riding that Indian live an hour away from Blairsville and told us they make it to Jim's just about every weekend.  They say the fried Turkey is the best thing on the menu.  Damn, now I have to go back.

i-HWGLRQ5-L.jpg

If you or anyone else reading this finds their way back in the Smokies, I can highly recommend Haywood Smokehouse in Dillsboro.  (Car is gone, unfortunately.  Need another)  It is the best I have had East of Austin, TX.  Definitely worth a stop.

i-Zm4SqdG-L.jpg

• Like 1
RandyShields
15 hours ago, Jake said:

I can highly recommend Haywood Smokehouse in Dillsboro.

A long-standing, well liked BBQ spot that we frequent as much as we can.

• Like 1
RandyShields
On 5/14/2022 at 6:18 AM, RandyShields said:

A long-standing, well liked BBQ spot that we frequent as much as we can.

And the best brisket many of us have had!

• Like 1