IGNORED

Black Friday Watch (Nav VI, and ????)

Scott9999

I thought I might start a topic on motorcycle/Beemer related items on sale, coming up.  I know Black Friday has turned into a cyber even, largely negating the reason that retailers started "Black Friday" in the first place (i.e. increased traffic to kick off the Christmas shopping season). 

I'm just hoping that BMW decides to run a Navigator VI sale over Christmas.  If anyone sees a deal, please post it here.

But, as I said, anything else, helmets, gear, accessories,  maybe use this thread to bring them to everyone's attention.   

(Mods:  Hope this is OK, and I'm not breaking any rules.)

What do y'all think?  Better ideas?

I don't recall any BMW deals on Navigators, except as incentives to purchase a new bike.

If you are looking for a new GPS, watch for Black Friday sales on the Garmin Zumo XT. Regular price is ~$499, has been on sale for $399 in the past.  Does not have the Navigator VI Wonderwheel integration, but does have a brighter display, twice the memory, improved routing, off-road maps, satellite views, wireless updates, and no history of screen flipping. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lkraus said:

I don't recall any BMW deals on Navigators, except as incentives to purchase a new bike.

If you are looking for a new GPS, watch for Black Friday sales on the Garmin Zumo XT. Regular price is ~$499, has been on sale for $399 in the past.  Does not have the Navigator VI Wonderwheel integration, but does have a brighter display, twice the memory, improved routing, off-road maps, satellite views, wireless updates, and no history of screen flipping. 

How much is lost by not having the integration?  I realize that BMW posts this like tire  air pressure on the Nav screen, and you can zoom and do things with the wheel, but I'm not sure that I'd be playing around with my Nav while I'm moving on the bike, anyways.  I've read somewhere that I'd have to remove the BMW mount and install a Zumo cradle in it's place - does anyone have a link to that procedure? 

Something to think about, thanks.

Edit:  Talk (write) less, do more.  Found this relevant link on the Zumo installation.  Haven't finished it, but looks pretty seamless, to me.

And this:  https://www.bmwlt.com/threads/zumo-xt-mount-to-bmw-nav-cradle.190775/

Edit #2: One more item, a decent review on the Zumo XT. 

Edited by Scott9999
New research

There are two left at $400 at this Seattle based store (i.e. I know nothing about them).  I'd probably grab one right now, but I need to sleep on this a bit.  The ZUMO XT looks like the way to go, but ...

https://ascentoutdoors.com/products/garmin-zumo?currency=USD&variant=32911987114027&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

For me, basic functionality and simplicity (i.e. ease of install, mount, dismount, storage, etc.) is the key.  

49 minutes ago, Bud said:

Came to $442 USD  when I checked - not bad.  Unfortunately the lifetime maps are for Europe.  Add-on North American maps are available, for $100, but are not eligible for "lifetime" updates. Also "Please note, these full-version maps do not contain premium content such as junction view or 3-D buildings and terrain. These features only are available on the preloaded maps within your device or through a specific update for the mapping region of your device."

I'll wait for a sale on the US version.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

There are two left at $400 at this Seattle based store (i.e. I know nothing about them).  I'd probably grab one right now, but I need to sleep on this a bit.  The ZUMO XT looks like the way to go, but ...

https://ascentoutdoors.com/products/garmin-zumo?currency=USD&variant=32911987114027&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

For me, basic functionality and simplicity (i.e. ease of install, mount, dismount, storage, etc.) is the key.  

The one for $400 is the smaller 396LMT-S model. The XT is $500. It's tricky the way they have it on the site, you have to look at the tabs below to see what you're buying as the title doesn't change.

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't break any rules, but I picked up an Optimate 4 CAN-BUS Charger on Ebay for about $80.  It does say in the advertisement that it ships from the US, but they actually shipped it from Canada.  There were no additional duties or taxes.

It seems like the going price is more like $95 (i.e. Amazon, and some motorcycle specialty stores, $95 and up), so I though this was a pretty good deal to pass along.

OPTMIMATE 4 CAN-BUS CHARGER 12V 1A TM-351 WITH BMW MOTORCYCLE ADAPTER | eBay

(Note:  They offer volume pricing, i.e. take about $8 off if you buy two, $10 if buying four, etc.).

Not a "Black Friday" sale, but I hope this helps someone else.