IGNORED

UN RALLY 2022 DATES - June 26 -30th

Indy Dave

2022 UN RALLY will be in WEST By God Virginia (location to be announced shortly) June 26-30th.  Mark your calendars

A brief visual history of the UN:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=19MpYDP59i6sBftjvpqdNtfmMxSvoWILn&usp=sharing

Soon, we'll be adding WV as the second state to host 3 UN's!

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 3

Nice, fixed it!  Before the correction, the title and the announcement were two different months.  Ummm.  June, July?  Guessing July since it is a Tuesday through Saturday.

• chrisolson pinned and featured this topic

Most excellent! 

The Un is BMWST’s premier event, where legendary rides are taken, friendships are forged, and lies are told.  The timing of this event and DART is somewhat fortuitous, with the latter (in Wisconsin) being held in the days immediately preceding the Un. https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/forum/196-driftless-area-riding-tour-dart/

Meticulous planning and extensive coordination (okay, that’s a little bit of a lie, but we’ll always take credit when things work out) mean that the two events may make attending both a bit more practical for those riding considerable distances from the West. In order to better accommodate those who don’t want to miss a second of the Un, DART will be having its informal dinner gathering on Friday, so that you can opt to ride to the Un on early Saturday and make it a relatively easy two-day ride. Or, if you decide to stick it out at the Un until Sunday, when we kick people out, you can still ride to West Virginia and get in on most of the UnFun.

If you’re from the Western U.S. and the thought of riding to just the Un or DART seems a bit much, this may be just the ticket…a few days of riding in Wisconsin’s legendary Driftless, then on to beautiful West Virginia.  Equally, for those in the East or Southeast, hitting the Un on the way home might be a good option.

It’s genius. Pure genius. 💡

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
15 hours ago, TEWKS said:

My first UN was in WV! “Take me home, country roads!” :whistle: It be on the wish list anyhow! :spittake:

Pat! It's only a hop, skip and lil jump for you!?! :old:  You just GOTS to make it, Ya Gotsta!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/24/2021 at 6:35 PM, Indy Dave said:

2022 UN RALLY will be in WEST By God Virginia (location to be announced shortly) June 26-30th.  Mark your calendars

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=19MpYDP59i6sBftjvpqdNtfmMxSvoWILn&usp=sharing

O.K. thanks for the info.  The US/Canada border should be fully open by then. 

• Like 1

491703376_canadianflag.png.6f247c45142d5d41d13c1a9f772c89b9.png

And if you HAD quarantine, WV ain't a bad place to do it (might as well bring some Maple Syrup (AKA Liquid Gold) with ya :18: 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Lester V said:

O.K. thanks for the info.  The US/Canada border should be fully open by then. 

Lester, the U.S. border will be open to fully-vaccinated Canadians by November 8th, as I recall. You should be good to go by next summer!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, marcopolo said:

Lester, the U.S. border will be open to fully-vaccinated Canadians by November 8th, as I recall. You should be good to go by next summer!

On Nov 8 we will still have to get a $150 negative test within 24 hours before coming back into Canada. Right now it is not worth it for me to go down and get my mail (5 to 7 minutes in the US} My mail has been held hostage for 19 months.

I would hope that by mid next year the extra test to come back would no longer be needed.  US people coming into Canada haven't needed the test for a few months now and we have a much higher vaccine rate. Go Figure.. how this whole pandemic thing is being handled is all over the map. .  

10 hours ago, Lester V said:

US people coming into Canada haven't needed the test for a few months now and we have a much higher vaccine rate.

Testing is still required for US citizens wishing to enter Canada.  Hopefully Canada will reciprocate After Nov 8 and match US rules for travel from Canada.

On 10/24/2021 at 8:35 PM, Indy Dave said:

In your chart you left out 2007 in Fayetteville, WV. One of the best every.

Had a few riders stop by for a couple of days on the way there. I hope these pictures will encourage another pied piper run. Perhaps from DART or somewhere else. 

You will remember it the rest of your life.

190892129-L.jpg

http://kmg-365.smugmug.com/photos/190886950-L.jpg

190886873-L.jpg

190892129-L.jpg

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Bud said:

In your chart you left out 2007 in Fayetteville, WV. One of the best every.

Well . . . . no I didn't!  :5590: And Hi Bud, nice to hear from you. :wave:

It's there, Bud! However, it's not in order - and that is what's throwing you off. In my defense - many of the locations and details from earlier UN's are no longer available in their respective threads- due to off-site registration. So when I first made the maps (in order from oldest to newest, I just used whatever basic information I had and linked to the host city. As I had more time to research each and every thread, I was able to locate MOST of the host hotels and/or campgrounds. As I found those, I created new pins and deleted the old ones. But as I did, the order became jumbled. I *thought* I had them back in order - but thanks to your sharp eye, I see I didn't get them back in order.

I'm traveling (in the rain today - and for official UN Business, no less) the next several days, but I'll find time to reorder the list. Thanks.

2046206647_Screenshot(60)_LI.thumb.jpg.c931c4e73dd0758d057b167775bdea56.jpg

I am on the pending list, have to get vacation approved.  WV is great for me, the furthest point from my house is only about 500 miles.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Lester V said:

On Nov 8 we will still have to get a $150 negative test within 24 hours before coming back into Canada. Right now it is not worth it for me to go down and get my mail (5 to 7 minutes in the US} My mail has been held hostage for 19 months.

I would hope that by mid next year the extra test to come back would no longer be needed.  US people coming into Canada haven't needed the test for a few months now and we have a much higher vaccine rate. Go Figure.. how this whole pandemic thing is being handled is all over the map. .  

I drove up to Ottawa on Wednesday (I’m still here).  Trust me, everyone crossing the land border into Canada - Americans, or Canadians - still need a negative Covid test result, no more than  72 hours before arrival at the border.  Quick antigen tests are not approved, as you obviously know. Our PCR tests cost $175 USD each.   When that requirement might change is anybody’s guess. We do not require any test to re-enter the U.S.  I can see why you would not want to pay for tests on a regular basis. Hopefully, come next summer, you can resume your unbroken streak of UnRally attendance!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ltljohn said:

I am on the pending list, have to get vacation approved.  WV is great for me, the furthest point from my house is only about 500 miles.

Has it really been 6 years since we last saw each other?

John, I hope your can get cut loose to join us. It's been too long since you've been with us.

Bud - if memory serves, the last time any of us saw you was back in 2017 in Blairsville! That was what 3 or 4 bikes ago?

• Like 1

Blairsville, where a hose in the tank came off of the fuel pump. Grrrrrrr .     

:88:

I  bought the bike on the way down. IIRC the seller was an aircraft mechanic, planned on keeping the bike forever, spent a lot of $ and money to make it reliable. He personally replaced the hoses in the tank as preventive maintenance. Used brand new BMW hose clips (the screw less kind) but I guess he didn't get it crimped securely enough.

So I had to be towed back to the motel, spending all of my time enjoying the rally from hearing about it.  Still it was good to sit in the parking lot, drink beer (well except for the three bottles someone thought they could open but busted the neck of the bottle instead of removing the cap) telling stories and having good food.  Life was good then and it is good now.

In the last quarter of my life I'm trying to live more gratefully.

How many bikes ago????  Let's see, since then a 1200 GS with Hannigan sidecar, 650 GT scooter, Yamaha 650 scooter, and the current ride. Change is good!:18:

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Bud said:

Has it really been 6 years since we last saw each other?

I believe it was the Un in Wisconsin so yes it has been a while.

8 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

John, I hope your can get cut loose to join us. It's been too long since you've been with us.

Bud - if memory serves, the last time any of us saw you was back in 2017 in Blairsville! That was what 3 or 4 bikes ago?

Not Blairsville, I did not make that one.  The last event I was at was in Sparta.

• Like 1
On 10/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, Indy Dave said:

actually it will be (I think the third)

Colorado has three

North Carolina has three

and now West Virginia

On 10/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, ltljohn said:

Vacation approved SWMBO says GO!  I'm IN!

• Like 3

I am RECALCULATING how my PTO/Vacation time can be spread across a number of family events. Hoping to be able to make it. I miss riding in WV.

• Like 1
On 11/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, randy said:

actually it will be (I think the third)

Colorado has three

North Carolina has three

and now West Virginia

What about the one in Arkansas?  Some of the best roads ever.  We've been back to the same location. We hit this one coming back from the Florida Keys and still made it home just before snow came down.   

Dennis Andress
3 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

have the time, awaiting the destination....

West Virginia is not all that big...

• Like 2

Resized_vlcsnap-2021-11-02-17h36m46s629_4314246638509.thumb.jpeg.a7dda7f565fead1c572a4a62ce46e082.jpeg

20211101_115339.thumb.jpg.1a542fad588b5d36075193a92d39c927.jpg

Well... On Monday it was crisp and clear...

Tuesday... Flurries all day...

There's your hint...

20211102_153957.jpg

• Like 3

Not sure if it was intentional but an obvious clue has been posted already, might have to look around a little and be observant but it's there. Just don't blab if you figure it out, 'I got it'  will suffice : )

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Wife just hired photographer for family photos and offered air fare so all 14 of us can be together. Date of photos? June 26.

OUT

• Sad 2

Head East until you hit the Potomac Highlands. Ain't no commercial flights or bus service in these here parts, so fill'er up and let her rip!

• Like 2
On 11/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, roadscholar said:

Not sure if it was intentional but an obvious clue has been posted already, might have to look around a little and be observant but it's there. Just don't blab if you figure it out, 'I got it'  will suffice : )

GOT IT

• Like 2