IGNORED

Valve and Throttle Body Info Needed

apopj

Hello all, again...

I am ready to bite the bullet and adjust my own valves and balance the throttle bodies to try and smooth out my '04 RT. I have checked the IBMWR site and can only find early 1100 info. I tried a search on this site and could not find anything. Soooooo, can anyone direct me to a site that will walk me through these routines? I have ordered the manual, but is still three weeks away and would like to get started now....

Thanks again for this and all previous help... and there has been a lot!!!

Jeff '04 R1150Rt wave.gif

The R1100 & R1150 valves and throttle body are adjusted the same. If your not haveing any problems with the throttle body.I would not do the zero= zero. Set low and high speed Syn. and idle RPM. Leave the left throttle body alone, except for setting idle speed, you may not need to reset idle speed. If you do after Syn. turn the large brass screws in or out the same amount,maintaining sync and raise or lower idle RPM. Good wrenching.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this site/document on the valve adjust some time ago and lost it. Glad to find it again. Yudda thunk that there would be all kinds of references and articles for this procedure for the 1150rt. I went IBMWRC, BMWMOA and here. It took a little searching, but thanks for the reference. My '03 RT has gone out of warranty and I will be trying this myself. BTW, my dealer mechanic in Beaver Dam WI always did a great job on them. But then he rides a RC51.

The R1100 & R1150 valves and throttle body are adjusted the same. If your not having any problems with the throttle body.I would not do the zero= zero.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but the "zero-zero" procedures only apply to the R1100. FYI.

Archived