IGNORED

Torrey Wishes and Check-In

rdfrantz

The Dry Town crew had a HOT ride through the desert! We stopped at Ed Chada's in 29 Palms for lunch and tried to cool off a bit.

72016733-L.jpg

Bill Walker, Greg(ori) and Leslie

The temperature was over 80*F when we left Santa Ysabel, was over 90*F by the time we got to the bottom of Montezuma Grade in Anza Borrego, over 100*F by the time we got to the Salton Sea, over 110* as we left 29 Palms, and we saw a high of 113.4*F near Amboy! eek.gif

It stayed over 110*F for a few hours and over 100*F for almost five hours throughout the middle of the day. We stopped at the train station in Kelso to re-hydrate as the humidity was so low it was sucking the water out of us faster than we could put it back. Bill and Leslie after soaking their head gear, acted out a scene from Fiddler on the Roof for our entertainment! grin.gif

72016762-L.jpg

We also had a rare chance to get a close look at an endangered Desert Tortoise!

72016784-L.jpg

We had a great rest of the ride in to Brink's for onion rings. The rain and temps in the 50's were welcome on the last hour or so coming in to Torrey.

Saturday late morning Leslie and I took an "easy" ride to Hanksville, but made a little stop on the way with Killer to take a few moments to walk the Labyrinth.

72016190-L.jpg

72016516-L.jpg

72016574-L.jpg

72016657-L.jpg

Overall a great time once again, but I wish I could remember to take more pics--too busy having fun! cool.gif

Mark and I are home! We left Columbus, OH this morning at 0700 on the dot, and arrived at some point around 1830 in Troy, NY this evening.

Dinner at the Brewpub - mmmm. Home! Safe, in one piece. Well, the two of us and the bike are ;) the trailer is a different story!

Thanks for all of your assistance, ride tales to follow.

Sylva (and Mark)

Mark and I are home! We left Columbus, OH this morning at 0700 on the dot, and arrived at some point around 1830 in Troy, NY this evening.

Sylva (and Mark)

Dang, that's quite an adventure! Looking forward to the full 'Tale! thumbsup.gif

We'll have to work on it...I'm still moving in, my iBook literally burned up (down to one laptop for two of us), and I'm also painting the kitchen pantry. Mark is back at work for the first time this week in about 6 weeks (he took time off to put together our kitchen and then move me, and then we spent 2 weeks on the road). And we have wedding planning to do!!

We have tons and tons of photos though, and look forward to sharing.

PhillyFlash
And we have wedding planning to do!!
We're all invited, right? wink.gif

It's going to be in Torrey, right? This Fall, right? Right? grin.gif

And we have wedding planning to do!!
We're all invited, right? wink.gif

It's going to be in Torrey, right? This Fall, right? Right? grin.gif

Well, at least one of them needs to come almost all the way back anyway, to pick up the stranded GS in Denver, so ...

wink.gif

Okay, so I've been away for a while. blush.gif Hows come all those folks checkin' in sound so familiar? I was havin' a de-ja-vu. Thought I was back at Torrey I or II. tongue.gif

PhillyFlash

I'm starting to get flashbacks again. For a second, I thought that Speed Bump had shown up. If I start seeing posts from Wurty, it's probably time to check into the clinic again. crazy.gif

Archived