IGNORED

Torrey Wishes and Check-In

rdfrantz

I'd like to open up our traditional Check-In thread with some special wishes.

I wish many thanks Greg from San Diego (Gregori) for the T-shirts and the Stickers. They were just great! It took a tremendous amount of work to create the design, get the printing done, make the arrangements with you, and to get them in our hands. I'm so grateful that he willingly undertook all that to bring us some special joy and remembrance.

I want to thank Laney for tackling the arduous process of producing Name Tags. I'm blown away at how she prepared some incredibly special imagery for us, topping herself once again. I wish she'd know how much she and that work and care is appreciated by us all.

Because these folks are not always plugged into our board, I do pass these wishes on personally, but I'd like to include them here.

To Randy Austin, owner of The Chuckwagon Lodge, it is with mixed feelings that I wish he'd retire and reap some rewards for his great love and service to us. He's adopted our group and does goes so far out of his way to make us comfortable, and to feel welcomed. I'd hate to miss his presence and and constant care for us, but if there was every anyone deserving of a rest it's our brother Randy.

To Jamie, Randy's son, I wish at least as full a life as his dad, and as much appreciation from us. I feel so much gratitude for opening his home and heart to us, and including us in his housewarming celebration. His many hours of hard work are indeed deserving of our thanks.

The lovely Christine once again prepared an awesome buffet for us. She's truly "up all night" giving her special care to us. I wish her rest, and to know that it's far from a surface "Thank you" that we want her to feel.

And to you Torrey Attendees, I want you to know how grateful I feel, how fulfilled you make me with your sharing among one another of your enthusiasm, honesty, loyalty, compassion, and care for one another, and the so valued decency of of your Friendship. I wish you time upon time the many returns like those of visiting, and truly participating in Torrey and making it the astounding event it is.

Best wishes to you all.

My second Torrey and what a great one it was. As always the riding was superb. Met people from all over, but especially the crew from Las Vegas, my town, also. The ride home was hot as usual, but not 111 degrees as it was last year.

Once again, it was fantastic and I hope all get home safely.

With thanks and kindness,

bob

I can't believe it's over! The event rushes up at Glenno speed then flashes past as though it were Bounce on a Tuono. It was great to see everybody, I'm looking forward to the Unrally where there will be 3 days to socialize, though if I stay up until 1:45am like last night I won't survive.

I now think my wrist is probably not broken, it feels so much better than yesterday though the hand and wrist are still a bit swollen (you should see the mountain lion!) Thanks to those who helped me out, especially Vita Rara, Sylva and Mark's brother Al who looked after me when I dragged myself into their cabin feeling a bit bedraggled to say the least - no motorcycles were damaged in this incident...

Sorry about the rain on Friday - it just doesn't do that in Torrey in May, honestly!

Today I took Whip and Louise and Chris and Cindy Olson on the Cathedral Valley loop where it was absolutely stunning, please don't be shy about asking me if you want to do this, I love showing people the back country where relatively few people go.

Checking in...

After dodging 3 deer herds, many suicidal birds (one suceeded!), light rain and strong cross winds, I've safely arrived home and another Torrey experience gets stored in the memory banks.

Thanks to all that make Torrey such a great experience. I absolutely second Dick's statements above.

I'm ready to turn around and do it again! thumbsup.gif

Posting a bit late. Rolled in around 6:45. Got the bike's bags emptied, the laundry done, some other things put away.

Rode home with Bruce Scott. He got a flat which he fixed with me TRYING to help, but he had it all under control. Me, I centerpunched a 4ft tumbleweed. The thing was rolling across I-15 south of Mesquite and was going to be gone by the time I got there, but at the last minute it stopped. The bike felt nothing, but that thing EXPLODED!!! There tumbleweed stuff back inside as far back as the throttle bodies. We stopped and pulled a bunch of stuff out from around the headers as I didn't want anything to catch fire. But it's a good thing now that I have to remove the body panels for a second TB sync on those new throttle cables. It'll give me a chance to clean out the rest of nature's shrapnel.

L.A.-bound Vegas traffic was almost a parking lot from Baker all the way in. I lane split for 150 miles. The concentration required has me fried. I'm glad I've got tomorrow off to rest some more.

As usual, Torrey was great. This one a bit more so than most. Lots and lots of new people and faces. And the housewarming party at Jamie and Christy Austin's was wonderful. Local law enforcement and FD volunteers grilled steaks and cooked potatoes. Gleno got roped into BBQ-ing the chicken (you just mention the words BBQ and Gleno is there). And then, when we couldn't move from all the food, out came about a half dozen cheesecakes.

Thanks also to Dick, Laney and those who help make Torrey such a great event. And as Dick has already said, a personal thank you to Randy Austin and to his family and staff who have always made us feel like more than guests, more than friends. . . they've made us feel like family.

Jamie and Mike are home safe and sound. We left early at 5:30 and really enjoyed the trip on 12. We were on the lookout just as the sun came up. Saw lots of deer but our speed was slow enough that noone got excited. Did a ton of lane splitting. Not too big a deal but it sure wears you out.

Thanks all.

M

PhillyFlash

Tool and I are chilling at Casa PhillyFlash. Russell and Lisa rode to Scottsdale with us, and the four of us hung out for awhile, eating pizza and watching MotoGP. Russell and Lisa then jumped in the truck and headed west, pulling their trailer with the bikes. Tool is staying here for the night, heading home in the morning.

Another great Torrey in the books. This was one of my more enjoyable Torrey's in a while, with a great ride up and back, a very fun time all day on Saturday, and, of course, spending time with a wonderful group of people.

russell_bynum
Russell and Lisa then jumped in the truck and headed west, pulling their trailer with the bikes.

Made it home a few minutes ago...around 1:45am.

We'll be comatose at work tomorrow, but that's ok. grin.gif

Shawnee Bill

Had a great time, met some nice folks face to face finally, found some good roads, found out about a bunch I didn't have time for, so that means I have to come back next time clap.gif

Made it home at 5:30 AM, 1185 miles eek.gifdopeslap.gif

Tha bed sure looks good!

Denver crew arrived safely last evening...part of the crew had to do an emergency stop for a new tire in Grand Junction (don't think the accelerated run up Sweeper Madness helped!)

Looking forward to seeing folks again at Un and Top Of The Rockies.

Regards,

Mike O

In about 3pm yesterday. Had some of the LA contingent in tow. We hung in the garage, and then went out to some killer mezzcan food. Great nite.

It'd be tough to say this was one of my better Torrey trips....yet, it was. They've all been great, this one was simply stellar. The people, the food, fun and laughter, always top shelf. However, a light snapped on while riding this trip. I won't go into it here, but, I learned some things this weekend that made me far smoother and one with the sweet FJR.

Thanx to ALL the key players for yet another great Torrey. Most thanx to the Austins. What a great, down to earth family they are.

For the culprit missing their Anti Monkey Butt Powder.....

Lone_RT_rider

I'm missed Torrey...and now I have to miss Gunny...again. Sometimes you have to suffer a bit to heal the wounds of the past. Next year people.... I will be at Torrey next year if it kills me. Now I just have to get Mitch to clear his damn schedule...

Shawn

Debi and I made it home safe and sound around 4:30pm.

We got a lazy start with a poolside breakfast of Granola Bar, Yogurt, and a banana. We had planned to get in the hot tub, but the late morning sun was already too hot.

We geared up and hit the road around 11:30am. Blitzed up Sweeper Madness, got bored on 10 all the way to Price and Helper. Ate lunch at the Balanced Rock Cafe in Helper (I highly recommend it if you are ever on Highway 6. It is just off the main road in old Helper).

We had a great time and really enjoyed hanging out with the Vegas crew on the 2nd floor.

Here, here to the Austin's. Excellent establishment, excellent service, and most of all, excellent people. Can't wait to get back down to Torrey again, and luckily for me, it is just over 200 miles so I can make the trip 3 or 4 times a year.

Thanks also to Dick, Laney, and Greg for your efforts in keeping Torrey, Torrey.

See you all in the fall.

P.S. did anyone find a black glass case with prescription glasses? I think it might have fallen out in the Chuckwagon parking lot (I've called them and left a message to check their lost and found). Anyone? Please?

I rode back to Phoenix with Howard, Russell, Lisa, Denny and Al. It was my first "Torrey" with BMWST and I had a great time...met lots of super people and did some fun riding. Many thanks to everyone that worked hard to organize and support the event, and to all the friendly peeps that walked up and introduced themselves to me. It definitely felt like family and I certainly plan to attend again.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...what, huh? I'm awake, I'm awake...I'm working!!

As Russell said, we made it in a little late last night. Arizona decided it would be fun to just shut down an entire freeway, and not give great detour signs, so we got stuck driving around the Tempe area for an hour trying to figure out how to get from Scottsdale to the 10 without taking the 202 (which they had decided to close to westbound traffic).

(Yeah, yeah, we should have called one of you AZ hoons to ask, I know!)

So, here we are at work, a little tired and sisdfiswejiozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzz...

Dennis Andress

Home safe and sound around 6:00 pm. The Vegas to Socal traffic was beyond horrible. I need to explore alternate routes before fall Torrey so we don’t have to go through that again.

I had a great time and offer thanks to everyone who worked to make Torrey happen.

Dennis

Just got in today. It was so good to see everyone and meet and see new people. Good fun, good laughs, great food and great riding. BTW Fernando, you have been relinquished....the Monkey Butt Powder Bandit has been revealed. Only Gleno knows the real whereabouts of the Bandit. Will he reveal?? Will the Bandit show up in Torrey in September?? Stay tuned.....

BeniciaRT_GT

Home about 00:30 last night.

Small electrical problem that got worse as I continued on, so a short "McGyver" stop in Delta Utah had me all fixed up. Highway 80 was closed to truck traffic last night at the Ca. border. It made for a better ride through crappy weather in the Sierras. Bitter cold and raining. What an extreme 850 mile day for weather.

Up and at it this morning at 04:30, so I need a nap!

Thanks so much to all the above mentioned "usual suspects!"

I tried to make sure to meet lots of new people, but getting there so late Friday didn't help my plan. I did get to meet a lot of great folks for the first time though, and can't wait until September!!!

And I did keep score over the weekend;

White fast moving bird: 0

Tippy the RT: 1

"Mormon Crickets" 0

Tippy: 183,462

(I might be off by 3 here, as they weren't "confirmed" kills)

Crappy tire valve stem: 1

Tippy: 0

30 amp relay: 1

Tippy (and me): 1

(We'll call this one even, as I cut apart the relay and used some copper from it to bypass its former usefulness, giving me some satisfaction while in the destruction process)

Flying Greg's Scotch: 1

Me on Sunday morning: 0

Thanks though Greg!!!

Final score (even without the 3 confirmed crickets) is a big victory for me and Tippy the RT!!!

Getting to take a trip like that on a bike with WAY over 100K miles and hanging out with you folks is amazing!

I just continue to be amazed at what incredible people you all are! (except maybe Gleno...and how is your Baboon butt?)

Back after a great one! All the Torreys blend together for me. They define all that I love about motorcycling. Thanks to everyone! See you in Gunnison.

Peter

The RT and I ventured through a locust swarm, fire, lightening, high winds and dust storm to get to Torrey and meet up with all the great folks.

After a dismal attempt of sleeping bag camping in the rain above Panamint Springs Sun night, and only 350 miles from home, the poor girl gave it up as she clocked 70,000 miles.

71028325-M.jpg

Back safe and sound from my second Torrey, and as the shirts proclaimed - it definitely went to eleven!

Shortly after starting Sweeper Madness, I ran over an exhaust system in the road. My own! But other than getting big air off the stainless speed bump, the weekend couldn't have been better.

I ran out to the end of the road and back while the dang thing cooled off in the bushes, and spent the remainder of the day trying to chase down someone to repair the mess.

(Ultimately it was fixed well enough that it made it back to San Diego with no further incident...)

See you in September!

G

Les is more

The Torrey weekend just flies by too fast! I hugged a lot of old friends and got the chance to meet many new folks. What a treat. I shared a table at the housewarming/BBQ with some lurkers . . .ahem . . .I mean some wonderful heretofore unheard from site users from Olympia WA. I'm sure they'll be posting as soon as they get a chance. eek.gifsmile.gif Right now, they're on their way to Key West. Torrey was a well chosen stop over for them. The place was also crawling with people from Colorado, some known and some new to me--very cool! I'm thinking the distance award has to go to Vita Rara (Mark) and Berkeley (Sylva). What a wonderful and ENGAGING couple! We also enjoyed Killer's usual generous hospitality

Thanks to you all for adding to the magic that is Torrey!

Am I missing something here? Where are the pictures??? Don't tell me you're too tired. bncry.gif Your typin' fingies seem to be working. Maybe the famous Gleno BBQ prevents images from latching themselves onto digital media. Hmmm. So, if that is false, let's get posting folks!

(OK, frustration is just oozing out of me that I couldn't go. So, help me out and let me live it vicariously through your pickie-tures.....Please?)

Awesome experience!....Beautiful country..Beautiful folks....Great motorcycles....Great fun......My longest trip.....Sore butt.... Thanks guys for making me feel welcome... thumbsup.gif

Firefight911
Am I missing something here? Where are the pictures??? Don't tell me you're too tired. bncry.gif Your typin' fingies seem to be working. Maybe the famous Gleno BBQ prevents images from latching themselves onto digital media. Hmmm. So, if that is false, let's get posting folks!

(OK, frustration is just oozing out of me that I couldn't go. So, help me out and let me live it vicariously through your pickie-tures.....Please?)

Same here! Nursing a hurt shoulder back to health requires photos of events missed. Let's go people, I'm hurtin' here! grin.gifgrin.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Linda and I arrived safely home yesterday afternoon. A little cold weather out of Prescott and 40 miles of rain but nothing too bad.

It is great seeing old friends and making new ones. In other words, another great Torrey.

Take care, see you on the road.

Linda and I arrived safely home yesterday afternoon.

Sure was nice to see Linda at Torrey. grin.gifgrin.gif

Russell has that "special sticker" you requested. thumbsup.gif

Sorry for the late check in. Arrived home yesterday at noon. Jack was not having a good time riding home Sunday so we stayed at Glenoz to have some good vittles, drinks and the company of friends.

Saw rain most of the way home Monday but was loving the cooler weather. After the weekend of heat, driving back through Baker in what I thought was nice cold air, I looked at the giant thermometer and saw 81F and couldn't believe it wasn't in the 60's. I never knew 81F could feel cold. I have to remember to make a sacrifice to the rain gods to thank them.

My hats off again to all those that make the Torrey experience what it is. Great roads, great friends. Can we do this more than twice a year?

P.S. next year I'm declaring hunting season on the next animal that tries to inspect my front tire at 60 mph. I know Torrey residents are friendly, but the animals too?

Arrived safely home after braving the rain and cold coming over the Sierras.

Want to extend special thanks to BeneciaRT who sought me out to offer help when he heard my old GS was a bit out of sorts. A much appreciated example of what this board is all about.

Which brings me to Les. She shared with a few of us at the BBQ her inspirational vision of this boards reason for being, and by extension, why the world would be a better place if it was modeled after the board. Would love to see her put this in writing under the board’s ABOUT tab..

Thanks to all for making this another great Torry (my second).

Which brings me to Les. She shared with a few of us at the BBQ her inspirational vision of this boards reason for being, and by extension, why the world would be a better place if it was modeled after the board. Would love to see her put this in writing under the board’s ABOUT tab..

Not to take anything away from Leslie...she IS one of the greats. Prolly the most warm, wonderful, charismatic, caring, sharing spirit I've ever been fortunate enough to know. I would indeed drop anything to go to the wall for her if she asked....without question. Further, I'm very glad she is now in the position she's in. I think she'll do great things.

However...I would just LOVE to hear how the world would be a better place if modeled after BMWRT.COM. grin.gifeek.gifgrin.gifeek.gif

[/hijack]

OK...Here's some quick pics...

Mile High Crew at lookout along UT12

IMG_2352.JPG

Dan, Lisa, Brent, Chuck, Erica, Mike O, and Mike L.

Mike L on his KGT on the bridge

IMG_2337.JPG

The 'Mayor' with SWMBO about the same spot...

IMG_2341.JPG

I'll post more later as I get time.

Regards,

Mike O

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)

Well, we're not home yet. We pulled up stakes Monday morning and headed to Denver. Around Grand Junction the trailer developed a squeak, we greased it, but we were pretty sure we'd lost a bearing. Sure, enough at the next stop the wheel was hot, we had a bad bearing. We limped the trailer to Denver, keeping speeds down and stayed overnight at friends.

We're still here in Denver. As Al, my brother, was backing the trailer out to get the bearing fixed the passenger side real wheel fell off! Thankfully it happened in the drive way. *phew* This could have been very very ugly.

052306_0805_1.jpg

So, we're a bit crippled at the moment. We unloaded the bikes, removed the wheel, and tied up the axle. It's at the shop to have the bearing replaced and hopefully Al is going to drive the trailer home. I'm going to leave one bike here in Denver. (Hey, it's an excuse to come back. grin.gif ) Sylva and I will ride two up back to home.

We'll update as we move on down the road,

Mark

PS: Thanks to everyone who made this weekend possible. Getting back to Torrey has been a dream of mine since I made it there in the Fall of '03. I have looked at my photos from '03 longingly for some time now. It was great to be back. Thanks to all!

russell_bynum

Mark,

We had a blast riding with you guys.

You and Sylva are really fun to watch, and I think if you get her a bike of her own, we'll all be watching her dissapear off over the horizon. cool.gif

Sorry about the trailer...I've said it before: Few things can screw up your day faster than a bad trailer wheelbearing.

Another delayed check-in -- computer time is scarce for me these days.

First I have to hand over most of the credit on the name tags for this Torrey trip. I did get things into the early stages of setup, cropped a picture for the badges, and went on to merge the list into the Word label file...

And once again, I was unable to interpret the mail merge instructions for Word 2002. When I asked here in “Other Topics” if anyone knew how to make the process happen, Dennis Andress volunteered to take a look at making things merge, and after he quickly succeeded at that, I passed along the formatting information, and he made the formatting steps go way faster than I’ve ever managed. When he volunteered to print them too, I was happy to go back to unpacking and drift into the background until it was time to put the badges together at Torrey, and then to help link the right tag to the right person. I figure I was only good for about 25% this time – Dennis did the other 75%.

Torrey was wonderful, in spite of my hottest ever trip out there from SoCal, some rain on Friday, and learning on Saturday that Lisa Bynum can now kick my @ss on 72. eek.gifgrin.gif It was still the same extraordinary place, and as always, there were a whole bunch of awesome people to spend a few days with.

I got in Sunday around 7 after the kind of wind-driven, lane-splitting trip home that other riders returning to SoCal via I-15 described. My scores worked out like this:

Wind+Traffic+Too Many Hours on Road=Fatigue

Fatigue+Missed Turn+U-Turn+Sloped Street=

Buddy: 0

Motorcycle Paint & Repair Industry: +2

Laney: -5

I’m slowly getting it that “Riding Your Own Ride” is about WAY more than choosing speed and lean angle through the corners. Hopefully the lesson sticks and actually continues to grow. dopeslap.gif

Home safe and sound around 6:00 pm. The Vegas to Socal traffic was beyond horrible. I need to explore alternate routes before fall Torrey so we don’t have to go through that again.

Dennis

Heh! I live for that! I'm not certain if Jamie was sleeping or had her eyes closed in fear. It wasn't as bad as the time SeanC and I split from Vegas to Victorville. That was crazy! And when I was a kid....

Bill_Walker

Just got home. I spent Sunday in Torrey, sleeping in, and then riding 72 and the Fish Lake loop. I left about 9:00 AM on Monday. Going over 12 I saw (and missed!) three deer (all at once, thankfully), two beavers (!), and a snowshoe rabbit. My wife had warned me about the "huge storm hitting SoCal" and so I tried to make as many miles as I could before it rained. I got sprinkled on a couple of times and finally stopped for the night in Victorville because I was too tired to deal with the LA basin. Just a short hop home today in the sunshine. It had rained a lot at home, but I guess I missed it. Sounds like the ones who went home on Sunday did, too. Lots of headwind, though.

Allow me to second (155th?) the thanks to Dick, Laney, Dennis, Greg, Larry (Whip had a hand in the shirts, too, I believe), and the Austin clan, and to all of you, for once again making this a wonderful Torrey!

Just got in at 4.10 cst, after being blown all over the road by the Great Plains winds for most of the way home.

How do I get this damn grin.gif off my face??? I feel like I’ve turned into a smiley.

It was great seeing everyone

As usual, I miss you already.

As usual, I miss Torrey already.

wave.gif

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
OUCH...

Let me know if you need anything while here in Denver.

Thanks Mike, and also Joel who replied by PM. This board is great. Our plan is as follows: Al is going to drive the truck home with the empty trailer. Myself and Sylva have the RT all packed up, and will ride that home. I will fly back at some point and then ride the GS home later.

Hopefully, God willing and the creek doesn't rise, the trailer will make it home. Then we rebuild it again. *ugh*

In light of making lemonade when presented with lemons, Sylva and I are going to stop by her grand parent's place in St. Louis, then hop skip and jump down to Nashville to see friends. We might also head over to the Tail of the Dragon before heading home. I figure we ought to just make the best of it.

Thanks for the offers of help. It nice to know there's a whole community out there when you need it.

Take care,

Mark

BeniciaRT_GT
Thanks for the offers of help. It nice to know there's a whole community out there when you need it.

Well, It takes a village...

Being that I am a (physically large) child, I'm glad there are so many out there to help! The board never ceases to amaze!!!

Glad for your good luck on timing of the failure and inspirational lemonade making ablities!!!

I will fly back at some point and then ride the GS home later.

Give the Mile High Crew a heads up when you do that. You might find someone willing to meet and share a meal before you ride that neglected wink.gif GS back to NY.

Mark Menard (Vita Rara)
Give the Mile High Crew a heads up when you do that. You might find someone willing to meet and share a meal before you ride that neglected wink.gif GS back to NY.

Oh please don't remind me of how neglected the GS will be. One of the big reasons I'm leaving the GS is that I know I'll come back and get it. If I left the RT I wouldn't have quite the urge to retrieve it. I'm going to miss my GS.

Mark

I'm back, just started downloading 7gb of pictures to my system, and I don't even remember taking that many pictures blush.gif

I spent all day Sunday getting to Cedar City and it was great... down in to Capitol Reef for a couple hours of taking pictures and getting dirty on the dirt road into the gorge... Maybe I should get a GS... 12 was beautiful and stopped many times, going down and back into Bryce was also great but didn't have time to wait for the sunset there which would have been even better. Very cold coming over the hill into Cedar City at 7pm, snow is still up there but didn't feel any ice on the road though there were a couple signs with flags on them with "ICY ROAD" or something. Just the right timing.

Oh and Richard, I missed all that crappy weather you got in, and had a blast across the ET hwy. I think I doubled your cricket count too. smile.gif

will post up the pictures by late next week, I've got 26 voicemails to go through and a lot of stuff to get done to make gunnison

Shawnee Bill

We're still here in Denver. As Al, my brother, was backing the trailer out to get the bearing fixed the passenger side real wheel fell off! Thankfully it happened in the drive way. *phew* This could have been very very ugly.

052306_0805_1.jpg

So, we're a bit crippled at the moment. We unloaded the bikes, removed the wheel, and tied up the axle.

hey, that's a scene straight out of 'The World's Fastest Indain"!

Just tie a stick on it and keep on trucking eek.gif

Of course Burt didn't have to get all the way to New York.

Have fun on your ride home thumbsup.gif

It was great seeing everyone

As usual, I miss you already.

As usual, I miss Torrey already.

wave.gif

And sir it was great seeing you and we miss you already. wave.gif

Just got in from my Torrey trip and a ride of the Great West with The Whip and Chris Olson. The last day was 1000 miles in 14 hours. A great trip for the scrap book! Ride report to follow once I thaw out! thumbsup.gif

You guys should be very happy you were here last weekend not this. The wind has been blowing at 25+ and gusting to 60 for a couple of days, today the temp got up to 59 but is down to 51 now at 3:30pm. Boulder Mountain is being pounded by rain and probably snow. Life in the mountains...

I need to post a correction. The miles and time zones got me confused at the early hour of my posting. The correct time was almost exactly 16 hours, still a good run. I never had to travel more than 8-9 over the posted speed. The wind was a killer, very mean, fierce winds all the way, every single mile the wind blew and blew hard. At times I had the bike leaned 10-15 degrees into the wind, always a cross wind too! My body felt like I had been beaten with a soft bat for the entire day, but I got home safe and sound.

Archived