IGNORED

City Lids for the R1200RT or sort of

BereIsland

BereIsland

My previous R1150RT had city lids with leather bags attached to them, and I found them very useful and missed them when I got my new ride last year, well shortly after getting my bike I baptised it with a drop!! And had to replace one of the painted lids. This got me thinking, what I could do with the old lid, well after too much Guinness one night eureka. I got the saw to it and shaped a plywood panel to fill the hole. And covered the inside with black PVC

70713428-M.jpg

Then I got my knife and sewing machine out and made a bag to fit to the outside

Here it is fitted to the bike

70712917-M.jpg

Here's a view from the rear

70713123-M.jpg

And with the lid open

70713024-M.jpg

The clever ones amongst you will be wondering what about the other side, good question, so I got on to ebay and won a pair of system cases but in the dark graphite colour, The trouble is they are in perfect condition and it seems a shame to cut one of them up, so if there is anyone of you with a damaged lid on this side of the pond and would like a free swap just let me know, I shan’t get my saw out for a couple of weeks.

Steve Carter

Absolutely superb craftsmanship. They look better than stock bags. The leather "briefcase" gives it the professional look. I'll bet BMW steals your idea and you'll soon see this as "factory" in a year or two.

So if I happen to have a spare set of slightly used lids (specifically Dark Graphite),

How much for the conversion? clap.gif

Seriously, If you have any pic's of the work in progress, I'd love to see them. The leather work looks great. I need to find someone on this side to do the work.

Thanks,

Mike

BereIsland

Thanks all, when I do the other side I will take a few more pics, they are really quite easy to do, when I had something similar on my other bike they were very useful, I could leave my wet weather gear in 24/7.

Steve Carter

Archived