START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

I have not been to one of the group rides.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from Virginia.

I do have a questions.  I have been having intermittent issues with my RT that several mechanics have not been able to resolve.  If my BMW is out of service, would I be welcome riding my Moto Guzzi?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.   

• Like 4

Is that Guzzi capable of Sport Touring?   :whistle:

Have you had the chance to post questions in the WETHEAD FORUM about that issue with your RT?    There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board.   Just sayin'

Looking forward to meeting some more first timers.   See you then!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wbw6cos said:

Is that Guzzi capable of Sport Touring?   :whistle:

Have you had the chance to post questions in the WETHEAD FORUM about that issue with your RT?    There seems to be a wealth of knowledge on this board.   Just sayin'

Looking forward to meeting some more first timers.   See you then!

The Guzzi is an adventure bike.  It does run out of steam at the century mark  LOL.  It is lots of fun below 85.

I have a couple of questions out to people on this forum.  My bike is a cam head.  I did have a post about it earlier.  So far have replaced lots of parts but no go.  If I know that the new fuel pump would not of worked I would of traded it in for a new RT and not purchased the Guzzi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You will fit right in with the few adventure bikes that, somehow, make it to the gathering.   No worries there; you should be fine.  It is all about the people who ride bikes anyway.   :yes:

You will most likely see some Hondas, Harleys, KTMs, to name a few.   A Guzzi will gather some folks around it in the parking lot, so be prepared for talk about it.   LOL

• Like 2
3 hours ago, VaR1200RT said:

I have not been to one of the group rides.  I am looking forward to meeting the group. I will be attending the START ride in the spring. Riding in from Virginia.

I do have a questions.  I have been having intermittent issues with my RT that several mechanics have not been able to resolve.  If my BMW is out of service, would I be welcome riding my Moto Guzzi?

Looking forward to meeting everyone.   

If you bring cigars and good liquor to share then we don't care what you ride. :4322: 

• Haha 3