IGNORED

START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Indy Dave

April 16 Meal and Boxflyer update

Blairsville Meal Info:

Boxflyer Tech Info:

1482878187_2021STARTannouncementR2sm.thumb.jpg.5fc6dd034ab11551d327ede7e7a9102c.jpg

As of April 14:

1736470488_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg1currentApr14R.thumb.jpg.d7c0261dcb7d492a807481bf45b7f05f.jpg

1018919926_BlairsvillewhosgoingPg2currentapr14r.thumb.jpg.fd5984494d241992fc073cbd2fb4ff4b.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
updated Roll Call April 16, 2022
  • Like 8
  • Indy Dave changed the title to START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) Blairsville, GA April 27 - May 1, 2022

Greetings Dave , Got it all bolted up last week and have been putting miles on it daily. A few more hundred miles and I'll  re-check the torque values , and then as they say , it's off to the races. LOL

Bernie , when I received my rebuilt rear  Ohlins ,  I was told it was set and good to go. While I had the rear wheel off , I checked , and the rebound was not set. I gave it the 17 clicks they recommend  . Made a world of difference .

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1

Terry, Dave S, Randy (and company!), Dave T, Endo  - Glad you all are going to join us in Blairsville! Mrs. Indy Dave and I are are visiting the Cumberland Gap area (and doing some scouting :5210:).

I reached the limits of my available resources with the first (sorta makeshift) Roll Call post, so please hang in there till I get back to the Flatland's tomorrow before the list is updated. 

• Like 4

Pat, those 7 months (from your earlier - IN posting) are winding down, eh?   Looking forward to seeing you again!

Sorry to hear that Richard.  There is always a FART not too far from ya.  Hope to see ya then.

• Like 4
Dennis Andress
4 hours ago, TEWKS said:

GS! :yes: Still love my RT but, there are places I need to see. :classic_biggrin:

Are you sure you are looking in the right places?

ADSC_1328-X4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Dennis, I see you point! :thumbsup: 

But…somebody had to post up a picture or two (and vid) of this little water crossing not all that far from Blairsville. Bill said the water was colder than it appears ;) and me being the curious type, I gots to find out for myself. :classic_biggrin:

i-4hFQgFc-XL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

But…somebody had to post up a picture or two (and vid) of this little water crossing not all that far from Blairsville. Bill said the water was colder than it appears ;) and me being the curious type, I gots to find out for myself. :classic_biggrin:

i-4hFQgFc-XL.jpg

@Indy Dave may join you, he’s always searching for water crossings. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

i-4hFQgFc-XL.jpg

I can neither confirm, nor deny...

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

i-4hFQgFc-XL.jpg

There be dragons.

• Smile 1
22 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Crossing?  That looks more like running down the river. :whistle:

And that’s the draw, I guess! :yes: :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

I'm booked Wed to Sunday, but still uncertain if I can come.

IF...IF, I can come, I'll bring my trailer and all the Boxflyer Traveling Bike Shop STUFF!

Hope I can make it,

Brad

4F9506E0-A861-403D-AE6A-CEA2FDC24178_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 6
Dennis Andress
13 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Don't any of you have jobs? Always running willy-nilly about the country....

(Yes, I'm jealous)

Retirement has solved a huge conflict of interest,.

20201206_204854-X3.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, TEWKS said:

And that’s the draw, I guess! :yes: :classic_biggrin:

I guess it is . . . Or the "My RT can go anywhere your GS can go . . . :ohboy:  You can see my buddy (in the first shot) has already crossed and is headed for the next challenge . . .I mean.. it was his turn to lead . . . and my turn to follow . . .

643955919_Screenshot(57).thumb.png.2e0fdc3e514244ef0cdaf2369b17ff54.png

608042107_Screenshot(56).thumb.png.c9c0e90629eff5c185b1df049d64d3ee.png

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Dennis Andress
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

Retirement has solved a huge conflict of interest,.

That's my reply to head hunter emails.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, TEWKS said:

i-4hFQgFc-XL.jpg

I know that dude.

Bill definitely can tell you about the water temperature in that spot.  :4323:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I recall, pretty chilly. But there's more to the story (isn't there always), we had to abort the ride and backtrack across the river because my two riding compadres wussed out once they saw the terrain on the other side. :dopeslap:   :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
8 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

As I recall, pretty chilly. But there's more to the story (isn't there always), we had to abort the ride and backtrack across the river because my two riding compadres wussed out once they saw the terrain on the other side. :dopeslap:   :grin:

Bill - same thing happened to me! Which then led to my having to cross again and . . .

855610558_Screenshot(59).thumb.png.ddd49bb79171336d24d0210dfd3d7153.png

• Like 2

Ive crossed that river 7 or 8 times but yeah the law of averages catches up with you sooner or later. The good thing is the bottom is mostly smooth rocks about the same size, the bad thing is not ALL the rocks are the same size. Plus the entry and exit are 60-70 yards apart requiring you ride up the river a ways and have to make a 90* turn at some point. It’s actually a fun and relatively easy crossing, def doable on an RT, the trail on the other side not so much : )

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
17 hours ago, roadscholar said:

What?   looks fine to me.. :whistle:

DSC_0292.jpg

Are you guys suggesting I should include the river crossing in one of the routes for START 22? Bill send me the directions by PM. 😂

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 2
18 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Truth

• Like 1