IGNORED

Bike started but would not maintain idle

PCW

After stopping in a parking lot for a brief rest during a lengthy ride through the mountains,  my 2016 BMW r1200rt would start but would not hold an idle or accept any throttle input and would promptly stall.  This was towards the end of long day of riding after making a number of stops along the way with no issues.  This inability to get the bike moving carried on for an hour or more.  After my fellow riding partner (my brother) and I failed to diagnose the problem, I resigned myself to the need for an expensive tow back home..  However, in the process of pushing the bike to a safer location across the parking lot with my brother on the bike attempting to bump start it, it subsequently fired up and  proceeded to ran perfectly fine. A, miraculous transformation.  As a result, I was able to ride the bike over the next two days to complete our trip without any further issues.  

We continued to scratch our heads as to what lead to the problem.  We initially suspected bad fuel as our previous stop was for fuel.  But my brother, who has the same BMW model, experienced no issues. Perhaps a fuel pump issue?  Once home, we ran a Motoscan of the ECU to see if any error codes would tells us what happened.  There were a number of "trouble codes" but nothing that seemed to pop out explain my bike's behaviour.  I have attached screen shots of the codes below.  Perhaps someone out there has experienced something similar or can shed light on whether any of these codes are relevant.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_0541.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

IMG_0544.JPG

IMG_0543.JPG