IGNORED

Audio from BMW GPS Nav II through factory radio?

Herman

I just had the BMW GPS Nav II installed on my R1200RT, but to my unhappy surprise, eventhough I have the factory radio/CD installed, I get no audio output from the Nav II unless I connect a helmet speaker (which obviously I don't intend to).

Is there any way of getting the NAV audio to play through the radio system?

John Bentall

Hector,

In order to get recognisable audio instruction from the Nav II to your ears at high speeds your are going to have to put some sort of speaker inside your helmet. The only alternative is to upgrade to a Nav III and a full bluetooth helmet (which still has a speaker but you just can't see it).

Do a search on this board for Autocom or Starcom systems.

By the way there are tens of thousands of people using speakers inside their helmets in a very satisfactory manner.

I just had the BMW GPS Nav II installed on my R1200RT, but to my unhappy surprise, eventhough I have the factory radio/CD installed, I get no audio output from the Nav II unless I connect a helmet speaker (which obviously I don't intend to).

Is there any way of getting the NAV audio to play through the radio system?

Perhaps another option would be to use a FM transmitter connected to the earplug socket of the GPS and then tune the radio to the transmitter frequency. I use this technique for my MP3 player.

Archived