IGNORED

The Forum Coffee Club

BamaJohn

7 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Welcome               to my                 la-BORE-a-tory....

image.png.20209f851af50e47420416b3b85de3c3.png

What's in YOUR pantry??

image.png.668661fe82169988a45f0c9293cfd2d5.png

Wow!  I'm such an amateur....but I DO have 4 different flavors of K-cups :4617:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Never mind the coffee, being in the HVAC biz Im more interested in your calendar.

I don't do too much HVAC, mostly small gas fired steam boilers (max50-80HP, high and low pressure) for the dry cleaning, craft brewing and distillery industries. I do work on some refrigeration systems, like water chillers, glycol chillers and special built systems for the dry cleaning machines (mostly European designs/builds). I also install the systems, specializing in the dry cleaning industry for a very long time.

I own a small mechanical contracting company (1 yoyo) in NE-Florida for 34+ years. 

Good morning, Selden!!

Just an update on my laboratory.  THANKS for the tip and the info!!   

I sharpened the little blade on the hi-speed grinder and that works very well for making a "Turkish grind".  Watched a bunch of the vids on exactly how to prepare cezve ibrick.  Seems like everyone has their own time honored tradition that must be followed exactly!!  It is easy and relatively fast, tho, and even makes excellent coffee on the first try.  Gonna try it with decaf so I don't OD on caffeine this morning.

image.png.dd5b65ea81ae9f0d760457e152c24560.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

Good morning, Selden!!

Just an update on my laboratory.  THANKS for the tip and the info!!   

I sharpened the little blade on the hi-speed grinder and that works very well for making a "Turkish grind".  Watched a bunch of the vids on exactly how to prepare cezve ibrick.  Seems like everyone has their own time honored tradition that must be followed exactly!!  It is easy and relatively fast, tho, and even makes excellent coffee on the first try.  Gonna try it with decaf so I don't OD on caffeine this morning.

image.png.dd5b65ea81ae9f0d760457e152c24560.png

LOVE the camp burner!    I'm guessing that Rougarou would suggest 1/2 teaspoon of chicory in the mix......

• Smile 2

Since I don't partake in alcohol, I am a coffee snob. Think wine snob. That term don't fit me but it raises eyebrows when mentioned......

Anyway, I know there are many good coffees to partake in. Some of my favorites I stumbled on when introduced to Crazy Fox Coffee. Me thinks that came from an ADV post. 

Here is the link:   https://www.crazyfoxcoffee.com/collections/all

No accident that I picked the page that lands on "2 Stroke Smoke Espresso". Which is actually quite good. My favorites are Back Porch Blend,  Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, Dawns Early Light. My all time favorite is "Hoot Owl Blend" as it was made for Coal Miners!

Get 20% off with "Campcook".  Might be a place to get some Christmas gifts!

• Like 2

BamaJohn:

"  I'm guessing that Rougarou would suggest 1/2 teaspoon of chicory in the mix......"

I've got it if'n he wants some.  It really has a very plesant taste.  I was surprised. 

One ibrick with chickory comin' up!!

image.png.df5dd2e144564ba27226d0482b59d146.png

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I use to travel extensively for work and have tried lots of brands.  I’ve settled on two coffee preferences. 

Petes Major Dickinson and

Brit in red bag from Costa Rica

I spent time in Costa Rica and got to visit the coffee fields on the sides of mountains. Their coffee is really great

• Like 2
On 10/16/2021 at 7:15 AM, Rougarou said:

We’re kinda simple. Our coffee area on the builtin that i did with some of the stable wood

4D260E53-1EB8-4A6F-9B92-7D11313ED006.jpeg

Back in the early 90's I was asked to make suggestions on grouting a new piece of machinery at the Gulfstream factory near Savannah.  After looking it over and offering a few suggestions they asked if I woud like a quick tour of the plant. 

After a walkthru we passed by a brand new, top of the line Gulfstream (IV, back then??).  The manager told me it was a special order from some sheik that they had to make some changes to, the most important change was the 2 inch wide gold stripe around the entire fusalage, nose to tail.  The specs had required it and Gulfstream painted it exactly so.  The Arab inspectors would not accept it because the specs said "gold", not gold colored paint, so Gulfstream had to remove the paint and replace it with real gold leaf. 

Anyway, the steps were down and he invited me in to see the interior.  Sumptuous doesn't begin...  Midway back on the right side was a small, very elegant mahogany cabinet about two ft wide, floor to overhead.  All the doors, drawers, and counter top were edged with inlaid pearls, gems, silver and gold, exotic woods, you know, the usual.  The manager assured me it was all the real thing, nothing spared.  He reached up and opened the cabinet doors and there sat a 6 cup "Mr. Coffee" maker, straight from Walmart and as specified.  

So, Rougarou, I'd say you have them all beat.  It ain't the cabinet, it's the "coffee maker", the man and machine.  And we like your's much better, too.

• Like 2

The tree guy showed up this morning with 3 trucks (one was a bucket truck, towing a chipper that took 10" diameter sections of trees); a large trailer, onto which the tree sections were hauled;    plus his wife, 2 teen-aged children, and a helper.  For 3 hours, they had chainsaws buzzing and cleaned up the mess.

Why, you say, are you putting that is this thread?.....  because my contribution (besides furnishing $$$) was to brew up a big mug of coffee and STAY THE HELL OUT OF THEIR WAY!    

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 4

Just trashed my styrofoam cup after a couple weeks use (sorry environment :grin:). Now, unlike my motorcycle addiction, I can get away with just ONE cup a day. I guess, I have that going for me. ;) :grin:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
29 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Interesting graphic on the cup.  :dontknow:

We’ve already got “Caution Hot” it’s just next level “Place Lips Here” :classic_biggrin:.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3

Welp - I tend to be in the company of all of you early risers a few times a week. . .  except most of the time when I am, I've been up most of the night and am tying to decide if I'm going to finally fall asleep or  make some coffee and and get on with the new day. Usually I'll fall asleep between 4 or 5 and get up at 8 or 9. Either way, when it's coffee time, here's how I roll . . .

20211022_150023.thumb.jpg.ec33db26d94cb7f7042ae93baf8886b0.jpg

20211022_150010.thumb.jpg.c1f379b793197510316171faf17938df.jpg

• Like 6

An after-lunch trial of Bernie's recommended alternate to motel room coffee.   Don't have a Ken Insley cup, so have to use "The Duke".  

motel coffee.JPG

• Like 5

I also liked "We're burning daylight" from The Cowboys.

With the Duke, one could go on and on!

"Big mouth don't make a big man" .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

I also liked "We're burning daylight" from The Cowboys.

With the Duke, one could go on and on!

"Big mouth don't make a big man" .

Drinking strong coffee from the Duke cup makes things better......

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
9 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Hotel brew, not my favorite.

20211022_080051.thumb.jpg.5924c176e8224d5fe2fbe57953dda5b3.jpg

I'm too old to take unnecessary risks.  I ride BMW's and tote my own coffee fixins.

image.png.e47c89b17e185e6eab3c84028ede94ae.png

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
10 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

Hotel brew, not my favorite.

20211022_080051.thumb.jpg.5924c176e8224d5fe2fbe57953dda5b3.jpg

At least it looks like they brushed their teeth. Lol

You could fill in a few with a black marker. I bet you no one will use your cup by mistake. 😂 

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Lowndes said:

I'm too old to take unnecessary risks.  I ride BMW's and tote my own coffee fixins.

image.png.e47c89b17e185e6eab3c84028ede94ae.png

DyAnne keeps me squared away when we travel together, she brings a small Keurig with a bag full of coffee.  I knew we bought that Spyder for a reason. I'm not that squared away!

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

In the old days it was a bottle and a 12 pack, now it's a coffee maker and supplies.

What has happened to us?

A 12 pack of instant coffee and a bottle of spring water! I don't know what you are complaining about.:3:

Besides this mixture causes less headaches in the morning. :4323:Earlier riding leads to longer fun rides. :bike:

• Like 2

image.png.e997e0cda8829b6a97a84ad487d7a9f6.png

Of course at this time of the day, some of you may enjoy your coffee with a little Craft Beer.

Fromm Aardwolf Craft Brewery:

NEW BEER ALERT:
White Russian Imperial Stout is finally being released! Trying something new and using coffee roasted from our friends at @catbirdcoffee this year.
  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Speaking of mugs, We saw this at a coffee shop in Maine. If you don't have a mug you can use one of theirs, so they had quite a an assortment of coffee mugs on display. I liked this one....

Resized_20210914_104344.thumb.jpeg.da91336660404edc3cbe01f323a9a8b4.jpeg

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3

Hello Skywagon,

Yes, we love our Shepherd's Pie and Bangers and Mash and William loves his Fish and Chips.

Although I'm not a coffee drinker I do drink me P.G. Tips British teabags and am always well stocked from the U.K.IMG_0732.thumb.jpg.7a32452020078458a3d244db7f350065.jpg

Thanks to my hero William     

Stay safe and GO ASTROS.

TTFN

Laura :18:

Bootle, Liverpool, England

Pearland, Texas 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, wbw6cos2 said:

Shepherd's Pie and Bangers

I lived and worked in London for 2 years. Got to travel a lot of Europe. I learned to eat in Pubs vs restaurants. I liked a lot of the food. There were 3 things I couldn’t eat/drink. Haggis, black pudding, and sorry Guinness 

We eat at an English pub here about once a month. Now back to coffee. I liked their coffee with the heavy cream, no sugar

Astros.. we’re going to try to win this time without cheating 😁

• Like 5
On 10/13/2021 at 4:41 AM, BamaJohn said:

At 4am central time, the forum is reminding me of the coffee club /old farts at McDonald's all around the country....a handful of usual suspects, sharing a common interest.  Only our meetings are virtual, and a little more adventurous in nature.  So, here's to you guys!  :beer:

Back in the day when the Micky D's club was meeting, I made coasters for all the old pharts I drank with.

mikyd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, ltljohn said:

I have a cup like that at work.  The only person that understands it is the other retired Navy guy.  Never use cream or sugar rinse it every day.  No problem.

the seasoning is the best part.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2021 at 4:51 AM, MikeB60 said:

20211028_054651.thumb.jpg.f753b2ac1435e3dc81cc83076914499d.jpgMornin' yall. How bout that storm this morning!

Thankfully the front moving thru here was pretty lame.  Hope all's ok at your home.   

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough to have 6 family members here at The Treehouse for the past 3 days.  The photo is of my revolving coffee pod rack, which holds 40 pods.  It was refilled twice during the 3 days!  Time to restock my backup supply.....wonder what I should try this time?

coffee pod rack.JPG

• Like 1

Hey, John,

Have you ever tried "rolling your own", or "hand loading"??

There are, in fact, just over 2 bazillion types of the DIY Keurig cups for your machine.  You can make them stronger or milder to suit your delicate palate, but whatever, it will be much cheaper and better.  Make it just a good as you want, or bad, you choose.

image.png.8c92d04cdd717848582a035679d890e7.png

Don't know if this brew is any good or not, skeered to try it, but I like the can!!

image.png.4ba9cdaef187be14578d208eecb2bff2.png

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Lowndes said:

Hey, John,

Have you ever tried "rolling your own", or "hand loading"??

There are, in fact, just over 2 bazillion types of the DIY Keurig cups for your machine.  You can make them stronger or milder to suit your delicate palate, but whatever, it will be much cheaper and better.  Make it just a good as you want, or bad, you choose.

image.png.8c92d04cdd717848582a035679d890e7.png

Don't know if this brew is any good or not, skeered to try it, but I like the can!!

image.png.4ba9cdaef187be14578d208eecb2bff2.png

Thanks Lowndes.  Made this morning b4 reading your post.  But I DO need to get more adventurous in choice of coffee it seems.  :18:

coffee pod.JPG

• Like 1