IGNORED

Hayes -vs- Brembo brake pads - same?

wbw6cos

I have not had the recall done on my front calipers (Hayes) yet and still do not have any leaks/seepage so I am in no hurry.   I got to thinking about the pads:  are they the same for both calipers?   

My front pads have not been replaced and they appear to still have some decent amount of material left, which is amazing at 24, 4xx miles.  The rear pads were worn and replaced during the service at 18 k. Hmmm.

I would imagine that whenever I get around to having the Brembos put on to satisfy the recall, that it would include new pads, correct?   

Thanks.

Hi William,

The calipers and pads are completely different...except for the attachment points and bleeders.

The pads on Hayes have 2 pins holding them in the caliper and the Brembo calipers are exactly the same as the previous WetHeads and are held in by 1 pin.

When the dealer does the warranty replacement, they supply new pads since they are different.

752ADF01-71AC-4386-B59B-EB37191CF651_1_201_a.jpeg

3E3FCC20-3A17-4D40-B377-6787D6BF9F3F_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks Brad.  I figured as much, but thought I would ask.   I never got around to looking up part numbers on the online parts fiche, but this was quicker and easier.   Oh, yeah.  

I cleaned your front pads when I was doing your 12k service down in Sparta a couple of weeks ago and should have shown you the differences then...I cheated you out of that info!

Oh, I thought you left those alone due to the recall to be done, eventually.   Pretty sneaky, though.  

Ooo, you added a diagram.  Nice. 

I recognize the Brembo pads as they are similar in shape to my R 1200 C.  Definitely different than the pads for the Hayes.   Thanks for finally showing me the difference.  HA