IGNORED

Battery Recommendations '05 R1200 RT

Mike05

Looking for recommendations on battery replacement for a 2005 R1200 RT.  Have used the "Odyssey PC 680" for many years but haven't kept up with any other options.

Still a good choice?

17 minutes ago, Mike05 said:

Looking for recommendations on battery replacement for a 2005 R1200 RT.  Have used the "Odyssey PC 680" for many years but haven't kept up with any other options.

Still a good choice?

Morning  Mike05

Lots of options but (for me personally) I still use the Odyssey PC 680. I just removed a 9 year old & still working Odyssey PC 680 from one of my 1200 hexheads.  It now resides in my trimming lawn tractor & starts that just fine.  

I put in a Yuasa (YT19BL-BS) last spring that I purchased on Amazon for about $100.  It was replacing about an 8 year old Odyssey PC680 red top.  If I were to do it again, I think I would spend the extra money on the Odyssey.  I thought the Odyssey was getting a little weak so I thought I would replace it, but the Yuasa doesn't seem to be quite as good cold cranking as what I remember the Odyssey was like when new.  Before the Odyssey, I was cheap and bought some unknown brand that worked but only lasted 2 years max.  I have a tender, but have been pretty lazy about plugging it in during the off-season, usually until February, when I start thinking about the upcoming season up here in Wisconsin, to plug it in.

I still get the Westco. What with the ADVrider percentage off, it usually comes in around $90. I have thought about the Odyssey but it always seems pricey to me by comparison. I am sure it is an excellent battery with a better CCA but the Westco hasn't let me down (yet).