IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

I may talk Laura into starting a thread topic titled The Forum Tea Club.   :5146:

Toss me a crumpet and I’m in! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3
Michiganr80rt

Anytime I can get a 320 mile ride in November I'll take it. Lakeshore route to M-22 at Manistee, M-22 to Northport then to Traverse City, M-37 and back roads home.

PH000264.JPG

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

PH000288.JPG

• Like 8
Michiganr80rt

Another Michigan November day in the 50's....  more riding. I took back roads to the Croton and Harvey dams on the Muskegon river.

PH000325.thumb.JPG.81ebf3446f8f8d77d420593fc6bdefde.JPGPH000303.thumb.JPG.ad6f6213018ee132e78341312809698f.JPGPH000305.thumb.JPG.9e78a0df5cd35518d2b2db402c3b586b.JPGPH000310.thumb.JPG.19c36f4352d0540da35494471d719008.JPG

• Like 4

Rode up to Tellico Plains  to meet @Foot for lunch.   I hit some GS roads on the ride up (that is another story) which could segway into Bumbling Rider Tale on its own, but the ride back  was great and had LOTS of pavement.  Lots!

20211112_123150.jpg

• Like 6
On 11/10/2021 at 7:25 PM, Michiganr80rt said:

Another Michigan November day in the 50's....  more riding. I took back roads to the Croton and Harvey dams on the Muskegon river.

Hardy dam ?

I got out on one of those 50degF days earlier this week.

Just gotten my 82 GS1100GK engine back together after year and a half of interruptions and delays and problems.

And it ran.

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Redman said:

Hardy dam ?

Just gotten my 82 GS1100GK back together after year and a half of interruptions and delays and problems.

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

Nice!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Google Joe Brown Highway in NC and see the unpaved section.  Yeah, I rode that.  :4607:

I have ridden Joe Brown but on a CRF 250 L. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 11/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, Redman said:

Hardy dam ?

Just gotten my 82 GS1100GK engine back together after year and a half of interruptions and delays and problems.

And it ran.

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

Wish I still have photos.  I had an '83 GS 1100G in the dark maroon color.  Great to see this bike.

• Like 1
On 11/12/2021 at 7:41 PM, wbw6cos said:

Google Joe Brown Highway in NC and see the unpaved section.  Yeah, I rode that.  :4607:

If memory serves me correctly, that used to be called "Trail 1" for the defunct Tellico OHV area.  Trail 1, nothing more than an access road, out of all the "real" trails for off-road drivers/riders, was the most dangerous trail due to it being a simple gravel road that drivers would "fly" down,......most lit from some brews that they had been consuming.  

One of my friends ended up rolling off of Trail 1 as he tried to move over for an oncoming speeding Dodge Ram.  Buddy got too close to the edge, hit loose gravel and 2.5 rolls later.  He and the passenger, along with the "thrown from the Jeep" dog, ended up fine, Jeep, it was rebuilt.  For the 2003 Dixie Run, he got the "Hardluck Award". 

Too bad the Trout Fishermen and forestry service got the place shut down, 'twas the best area on the east coast for off-roading and the 4x4 clubs would work the trails for erosion control and clean-ups.

• Like 1

After some minor surgery last month , I decided it was time to take my new and improved left foot out for a test run. Only did about 150 miles , but it’s a relief to know that all is good to go. And yes , my foot now shift’s quicker than before:dontknow:

2958B690-EB77-43D6-B541-A410171D6256.jpeg

• Like 8
On 11/12/2021 at 9:53 PM, Redman said:

Hardy dam ?

And it ran.

IMG_2092.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

Great looking bike! Looks like new. How many miles?

Dennis Andress
2 hours ago, Led said:

I have to close the season. There is ice on the roads. I wish everyone safe trips!

A40EB3A7-D8E7-4846-BEC9-7D16B1AA0072.jpeg

Pretty bike!

• Smile 1
16 hours ago, taylor1 said:

Надеюсь, что когда погода снова согреется, вы поделитесь некоторыми фотографиями своей части мира!

All parts of the world are beautiful in their own way. I will definitely show the other side of the earth! ;)

• Thanks 1
Dennis Andress
9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Looks like a Bryce to me. :) 

With a trailer???   That’s the north end of the Virgin River Gorge. 

8 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Needs a name…

Meaning ?? you are just now bringing it home, new to you, and needs a name??

Dennis Andress
15 minutes ago, Redman said:

Meaning ?? you are just now bringing it home, new to you, and needs a name??

Yes

• Like 1

That really is a great looking bike! :thumbsup: For a tall guy, it seems you gravitate towards the little tight tucked in bikes? (if that bike description makes any sense)  :dontknow: 

I completely understand the draw but, my knees and wrists don’t get it. :spittake:

PS…Spanky is good, I was just going to say “ Sparky” for the flake in that paint. ;)

Dennis Andress
21 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That really is a great looking bike! :thumbsup: For a tall guy, it seems you gravitate towards the little tight tucked in bikes? (if that bike description makes any sense)  :dontknow: 

I completely understand the draw but, my knees and wrists don’t get it. :spittake:

PS…Spanky is good, I was just going to say “ Sparky” for the flake in that paint. ;)

Bryce is kinda growing on me. On the ride home from START this spring the K13's bar angle did a number on my right wrist. The RS's bars are flat and probably won't do that. I needed more luggage space too. I looked at an RT but they are heavy and the tank flares out about where I want to put my knees. Did I mention they are heavy? Low bars let me straighten my arms and back while leaning forward into the wind a bit. The Option 719 pegs are adjustable so I can lower them about 3/4". It's taking me to California next week so we'll see.

• Like 3

Rode home from Ft. Myers yesterday.  320 miles all of which was is some sort of rain.  Here I'm stopped in Key Largo for coffee thinking the rain has slowed after riding in a deluge from near Everglades City.  10 miles down the road, it picked up to the point of having only a car or two visibility with a strong north wind.  The big bridges were scary.  2.5 hours to make the last 90 miles.  Of course 10 minutes after I pulled into the garage, it slowed to a drizzle for the remainder of the evening. My boots, gloves, and helmet are still drying.

IMG_3037.thumb.JPG.16963c6e6bf01d27a7af46dd18e53c03.JPGIMG_3038.thumb.JPG.37cc4bd0a1aa26f723d6fee6d2e91f55.JPG

• Like 4