IGNORED

Crashed GT Pictures

pipenslippers

pipenslippers

Went to see the bike today, first view since the crash. Not good. Xenon headlight unit, cruise control unit, radiator, left fork (hossack), fairing, nose unit, bar end, lever,pannier etc etc. Trying to do the photo thing now, but have to upload to the internet first. What a pain.

Before crash

mYPJXrgPmWoQi0FmiZBSvgLp-sXOArgO0060.jpg

Headlight unit

jp8x5TT9weyNrv1ckgQLwRcZhw3Xfyga0060.jpg

The unit with the orange sticker is the cruise control. Also, scratches on fork leg.

1WOW8G1ImwZe1u4OSFRlw3WHRAVmUjgw0300.jpg

Radiator, and is that damage to the frame mounting?

Uj9V8jT0mGVBY5oJ+TP1j7aXusYY6QnK0300.jpg

Pannier

YQnz+mAdWRrW5PBnCkiuSU4ls78tOkju0300.jpg

Slightly polished fork leg

63A5E6uJU66impOa3TK2oKy-hRYwPRzE0300.jpg

Fairing

NShGaIzdima1OgOFL1uh64no1RLdQZqM0060.jpg

A bit of damage to the nose piece. The lever and bar weight are also scratched.

+XxNWZCJ+6N-x2lmznXvulcizd5IfEN10300.jpg

The outside of the nose piece (and hole in light lens.Sealed unit, so you have to replace the whole thing. Dealer techie reckons about 700 UK Pounds for the light unit!!!!)

jp8x5TT9weyNrv1ckgQLwRcZhw3Xfyga0300.jpg

So, any guesses as to the final cost? I reckon if the frame is damaged they will write it off, if not, about 5,000 UK.

I will keep you posted.

Brian bncry.gif

Brian,we are gutted for you. At least Steve and Leigh will look after your bike and get it back on the road.

We had an accident last July, our R1200RT only had 4500 miles on it. Our dealer got the bike sorted in three weeks, which I thought was very good, considering the bike had only been out a few months.

Mend well

George and Kathy

pipenslippers
Brian,we are gutted for you. At least Steve and Leigh will look after your bike and get it back on the road.

We had an accident last July, our R1200RT only had 4500 miles on it. Our dealer got the bike sorted in three weeks, which I thought was very good, considering the bike had only been out a few months.

Mend well

George and Kathy

Thanks,

I know they will do their best for us. If they manage it in three weeks I will be over the moon. The insurance company wanted the repairs done elsewhere, but I would rather have Rainbow over ANYONE else, even if it takes longer.

Enjoy your riding, we WILL be back on the road soon.

Brian & Amanda wave.gif

Francois_Dumas

Owww.. looks bad. But still, it's 'only' a bike. As long as you and the missus don't look the same... !! thumbsup.gif

Hope you get well soon... the bike will get fixed one way or the other I'm sure.

Brian,

bncry.gifbncry.gifHaving just fallen madly in lust with the new GT, my heart and soul cry for you, also. I know how utterly sick you must be! As others have said, and after having my girls seriously hurt and an aunt killed in an auto accident a year ago, I am just thankful to God that you or your wife weren't seriously hurt. Mend well and fast, both of you! My thinking on the bike is that BMW built that one, they can build another one that looks just like it. You and your wife, my friend, are the only ones we have and can get like you. wave.gif

Happy riding, and remember, the bike damage is all big stuff now, but down the road, it will become small stuff. Stay safe.

Brian,

Here's hoping you get back on the road as soon as possible .

I was riding with George on that fateful day when he had an accident - we parted after a cracking days ride , I got home about an hour later and within twenty minutes got a call on my mobile from George ........... I can tell you , my heart sank frown.giffrown.gif .......... .

That's one phone call I don't want to get again , and one experience I hope I don't encounter personally [ had my own run in with pheasants , and came off the bike ] .

Chin up , the first ride back on the bike will soon put the smile back on your face .

Steve

pipenslippers

Cheers Steve,

In the long run I think this whole incident will have a positive effect on both my riding and my driving. The big downside at the moment is that I might not get a bike again until mid August. I think they will write it off and there is a big waiting list... Still, I wont count my eggs until they are poached. The gods of biking (BMW) might smile down on me yet. One thing is sure; as soon as we can get back on the road we WILL get back on the road. Save us some of the sun,

Cheers, Brian & Amanda wave.gif

Archived