IGNORED

Apple issues warning to motorcyclists who use iPhone

John Ranalletta

My iPhone 6 on a Ram X-Grip apparently did not get the memo as I must have 100,000+ trouble free motorcycle miles on that model. To be fair a lot of the miles were on a smooth as glass ST1300 but about 65,000 were on NC700Xs which have a prominent low frequency pulsing vibration as the 270 degree crankshaft mimics the feel of a V-twin. I do remember reading that after the  iPhone 10s and 11s came out with their motion stabilized two-lens cameras that vibration was a problem with these cameras.

13 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

I would never mount my out in the open simply because of the how hot they get exposed to the sun

Morning fourteenfour

That can be a problem,  on my last Android phone I had it mounted in a secure clamp type phone mount & the hot sun actually warped the screen (screen is now curved). Still worked OK but things looked distorted with color distortion areas on the screen. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, dduelin said:

My iPhone 6 on a Ram X-Grip apparently did not get the memo as I must have 100,000+ trouble free motorcycle miles on that model.

Nor did my 7+ which has about 40k on bikes and countless hours in my boat.

Swapping between a 1200rt, 1250gsa, 750 shadow, and HP4, the iphone 8 hasn't an issue,......even did some video with it while mounted/riding, still functioning.

• 2 weeks later...

I had some issues with a 7 on an X Grip, but I have a quad lock with vibration damper on my 12 pro max and it's been ok. I don't mount it all the time though. 

• 2 weeks later...