IGNORED

Kochmann boots... anybody?

Tony_K

So yes the K in Tony_K is Koch.

Now knowing that I'm sure you can undersand my wanting to know more about

Kochmann boots!

Anybody here or in Europe worn a pair? A review please clap.gif

I wore a pair of Silverstone's by Kochmann. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn. [but I must sell them because I need a thicker sole to enable me to flat-foot my new bike.] And they are surprisingly inexpensive for the excellent quality you get.

Friend had a pair, but they leaked, and he had to send them back (at least I think that's what he did with them).

mine have been rock solid for two years . it would be nice if the soles had more meat on them ......great boot

Mike

I wear the Kochmann Silverstones in cold and wet weather... great boots, and I agree, very comfortable. All other times, I wear BMW Airflow boots.

A couple of years ago I made a web page showing these (and some other) boots. Perhaps you might find the photos useful.

Motorcycle boots web page

My wife bought a pair. Very comfortable and waterproofed. Tested in a very heavy downpour. I can highly recommend them.

My Dear Friends, I hate to go against convention, but I wear a pair of Rocky TMC boots to ride. They are not water proof but they are comfortable right from the start. They cost around $110 but well worth it. As a former postal worker in a former life I could not walk the 10 miles a day that my route required without them. Now they see duty as my primary riding boot and do just fine. Again they are not water proof, but extremely comfortable and come in two heights. 6 and 8 inch. Hope this helps!!!!

I wear the Kochmann Silverstones in cold and wet weather... great boots, and I agree, very comfortable. All other times, I wear BMW Airflow boots.

A couple of years ago I made a web page showing these (and some other) boots. Perhaps you might find the photos useful.

Motorcycle boots web page

Alen, I did find your page before posting here. I enjoyed it. Thank you.

Today Lori and I went on a 200 mile rounder up to Ventura CA where we visited Ventura BMW, Cycle Gear Ventura and RPM Cycles.

I tried on Sidi at Cycle Gear didn't really like them, was going to try on some BMW boots but didn't and as for the Kochmann's I will have to wait till July when I trek up to SF as that is the nearest location on the west coast for them.

Unless there updated info other than what Eclipse has listed....

I wear all kinds of different boots for riding; full goretex Bellevilles, Altamas

HiTecs and most resently a pair of pebble grain leather Bundeswehr boots.

They are all true boots not riding boots so the toe cap is a bit large.

I'm willing to step into "it" the riding boot market that is.

wink.gif

I've got the Scout and it is awesome. I prefer a lace-up boot so I can do a lot of walking when I'm on trips. These boots are so comfortable, they could be used to hike with. They are supposed to be waterproof, but I have not had a chance to test them in a gully washer.

I spoke with Eclipse and asked about several models that are on the Kochmann site but not on Eclipse. They said they haven't updated the site to include some newer models yet.

Yes I thought the Scouts looked good. Sadly Eclipse told me there were no vendors in Southern California interested in offering the Kochmann's The need for a waterproof boot here seems inconceivable  to vendors I guess.

I'm hoping my ride up to the bay area next month will yield better results as there appears to be a vendor there.

I've been wearing the Hockenheim Kochmann's for two years and love them.

One side note: it took a while for the ankle armor and bend in the ankle portion of the boot not to bother my lower shin. My shins were pretty sore for a while.

Archived