IGNORED

R1150RT GS-911 ABS Battery Voltage Reading

MCWJR

Hello Members,

First Time Poster, Long Time Reader.  Thanks to all in the community that posted.  I learned a lot.

I'd like to know if 9.8-10.5v is a normal battery voltage reading when monitoring the ABS using a GS-911.  The true battery voltage is a confirmed 12+volts at the time according to an installed battery monitor as well as on top of the GS-911 mobile screen.  It's just the ABS unit showing the lower voltage.  I'm wondering if I need to diagnose a poor connection or if this is typical.  See attached image.

Getting ready for the Americade in NY and now would be the time if repair is needed. 

Thanks,

Max

R1150RT-ABS-GS911.jpg

24 minutes ago, MCWJR said:

Hello Members,

First Time Poster, Long Time Reader.  Thanks to all in the community that posted.  I learned a lot.

I'd like to know if 9.8-10.5v is a normal battery voltage reading when monitoring the ABS using a GS-911.  The true battery voltage is a confirmed 12+volts at the time according to an installed battery monitor as well as on top of the GS-911 mobile screen.  It's just the ABS unit showing the lower voltage.  I'm wondering if I need to diagnose a poor connection or if this is typical.  See attached image.

Getting ready for the Americade in NY and now would be the time if repair is needed. 

Thanks,

Max

R1150RT-ABS-GS911.jpg

Morning  MCWJR

That seems pretty low, was the engine running at time of voltage capture?  If it isn't setting (or have a trapped)   low voltage code then it is enough.  

If engine was running then you might put a known accurate voltmeter on the ABS controller B+ wire right at the ABS controller to see if the supplied voltage is as low as the ABS controller internal voltage shows on the GS-911.

You might also so a voltage drop test between the battery (+) post & ABS controller then between the ABS controller & battery (-) post.

Thanks for your input.  That was not running, but highest I seen and logged was 10.5 when running.  Battery was 12.4v at the time based on VOM and GS-911 (top of screen).  

2 hours ago, MCWJR said:

Thanks for your input.  That was not running, but highest I seen and logged was 10.5 when running.  Battery was 12.4v at the time based on VOM and GS-911 (top of screen).  

Afternoon

I have seen them in the mid 10v range with engine running so that doesn't seem to be out of place. 

Can you get it to pass the bleed test?  

I really don't know what is abnormal on the voltages as you are seeing them. 

Maybe a call to Module Master  (208) 892-0764 tomorrow as they are the leading experts on those I-ABS modules & their habits (they are usually helpful).