IGNORED

Why manufacturing isn't coming back to US

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Needed a rattle clamp for towing.  Thought about getting the welder out, buying a piece of 1/4" scrap plate, a couple of 1/2" bolts, nuts, washers, etc.

Really?  When I can get a pre-bent, power-coated unit complete from China in less than 24hrs for 8 bucks.

image.png.9a70320ea71ddd69cd12a245a84b03ea.png

26 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

John...what do you use that for.  I don't have one so I must need one...if I only knew what it was for I might get 2

That's twice now you've posted to get stuff you didn't know about and don't need, but now have to have it, I'm starting to think you may have a problem...

As far as the manufacturing, we've done it to ourselves, companies can outsource to make more money on a product, regulations and taxes have taken away many incentives and ability to manufacture.

Also, companies are driven by profit more than quality product oftentimes, have to answer to shareholders, not business partners.

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

John...what do you use that for.  I don't have one so I must need one...if I only knew what it was for I might get 2

When the hitch is in the receiver, there’s a little play; otherwise it would be tough to get in.  On bumps and concrete joints, they rattle. A rattle clamp makes the hitch fast to the receiver preventing rattling. I just don’t like noises when pulling a trailer. 

John Ranalletta
23 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Thanks John. I definitely need one of those. Never heard of it. I’m super sensitive to sound when towing the boat 

I’ll sell mine $12 plus s/h. :4607:

Thanks Hosstage...I'll pick one up tomorrow from Home Depot.  The one by my house shows they have 48 in stock.  I'll coat them with Zinc Chromate and they should be ok for a while.  Less than $5 to stop that rattle will be money well spent.  Thanks John for the posting.

John Ranalletta
On 9/10/2021 at 7:11 PM, Skywagon said:

Thanks Hosstage...I'll pick one up tomorrow from Home Depot.  The one by my house shows they have 48 in stock.  I'll coat them with Zinc Chromate and they should be ok for a while.  Less than $5 to stop that rattle will be money well spent.  Thanks John for the posting.

Happy to be of help.  Helpful to have a cheap box end ratchet.  I have one and keep it in the tow vehicle boot.