IGNORED

Q-Mount Wireless / USB Charger Phone Mount Review - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #65

moshe_levy

I hadn’t seen this - it’s quite inexpensive!

I have a Perfect Squeeze, which I love, and have been planning to add their wireless charging upgrade. However I recently was offered a substantial discount on a Ram mount/charger. I used to run their x-grip and won’t go back to that, but have considered their quick grip mount. 

This, though, is cheaper than either of those options - like half price…

Have you had any experience with either the Perfect Squeeze or the Ram quick grip mounts that would let you compare them?

• 5 weeks later...

I use the RAM on my BMW and it's more than twice the price, and not as easy to use. I haven't tried the Perfect Squeeze yet.

• Thanks 1
On 9/9/2021 at 7:37 PM, szurszewski said:

I hadn’t seen this - it’s quite inexpensive!

I have a Perfect Squeeze, which I love, and have been planning to add their wireless charging upgrade. However I recently was offered a substantial discount on a Ram mount/charger. I used to run their x-grip and won’t go back to that, but have considered their quick grip mount. 

This, though, is cheaper than either of those options - like half price…

Have you had any experience with either the Perfect Squeeze or the Ram quick grip mounts that would let you compare them?

Nothing on the charging mounts but I did get the Ram Quick Grip for both my bikes a few months ago and it is head and shoulder above the X-grip.  

I had the X-grip for many many years and liked it very much save for a single issue.  I run my phone in landscape, so if the phone wasn't mounted with the heavy end on the sweet spot, the phone would go a bit sideways and the screen would alternate between landscape/portrait.  

The Ram Quick Grip, holds it in place perfectly.  I don't need the wireless charging capability as I have two USB ports on the RT and will replace my defective Optimate with a new one.

• Thanks 1
On 10/9/2021 at 1:52 PM, moshe_levy said:

I use the RAM on my BMW and it's more than twice the price, and not as easy to use. I haven't tried the Perfect Squeeze yet.

You should get Hondo to send you one. They seem to be good people. 

It appears that Q-Mount holder/charger is being sold under other names on Amazon. After watching your review and having struggled for a few weeks with a flaky USB C port on my LG phone I went shopping. I bought one of the other-name units that looks identical to the Q-Mount you reviewed, and have been riding with it for a couple of weeks. The one I bought has a 1" ball on the back so it fits right into the RAM arm I already had on my left handlebar. It's rock solid and holds the phone like a vise. Pretty impressive for less than $30.

Thanks for the detailed real-world reviews!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...