IGNORED

BMW Nav VI

Ron-M

The Nav VI that I bought with my 2020 1250RT starting doing weird things so I called Garmin and they replaced it.  The problem I am having with the new Nav VI is that it will not automatically switch from the "Where To - View Map" screen that appears upon starting the unit to the map view screen after a few minutes of driving as the old one did. I can't find how to activate this through the settings.  Any suggestions?  

Thank you,

Ron

Hi Ron, at what outside temp did this occur?  Mine started acting up at START while on a ride and I think I remember it being a little chilly outside.

Thanks Bernie, I will try the reset.  William.  Not chilly.  It started about two months ago, slowly.  On a ride one day, the screens kept changing on me, but then it corrected itself.  For a few weeks anyway.  Then all of a sudden, for no reason, after a stop on a ride the screen zeroed in on a close up of a POI that I had never been to.  It would then ask me to "go to" this POI.  When I would push "Go," the screen would come back to life for a quick minute then start the whole process all over again.  At times it would freeze as well.  No questions from Garmin.  Replaced the device with no questions asked.  But now I have to manually push the "View Map" to go to the map instead of it doing it automatically.  

Roger that.   Mine did a similar malfunction.   I read somewhere that some common situations involved cold weather.  Not all, but enough to make me wonder.   I kept playing with it to try and get it to reboot, but no luck while riding.   At the first stop, I pulled it off the bike to manually power it down using the button on the rear.   Suffice it to say, I have not seen the issue again, but my intermittent use is not a good measure of the fix.   

I have been reading about other people's problems, hoping I will not have to go through it.  

Hope it gets sorted for you.

13 hours ago, Ron-M said:

Thanks Bernie, I will try the reset.  William.  Not chilly.  It started about two months ago, slowly.  On a ride one day, the screens kept changing on me, but then it corrected itself.  For a few weeks anyway.  Then all of a sudden, for no reason, after a stop on a ride the screen zeroed in on a close up of a POI that I had never been to.  It would then ask me to "go to" this POI.  When I would push "Go," the screen would come back to life for a quick minute then start the whole process all over again.  At times it would freeze as well.  No questions from Garmin.  Replaced the device with no questions asked.  But now I have to manually push the "View Map" to go to the map instead of it doing it automatically.  

Good evening Ron, one thing I forgot to ask or mention. The next time you turn on the bike with the Nav6, make sure that there is a motorcycle displayed on the center of the top edge. If not push the symbol ( most likely a Car) and select Motorcycle. 

Maybe for some reason your new Nav6 doesn't recognize that it is inside a motorcycle cradle. Could also be dirty contacts on either the GPS  or the cradle.

• Like 1