IGNORED

Cannonball 2021

I'm planning on riding to Battle Creek Harley (Michigan) on 9/11/21 for the arrival of the bikes.

Would anyone happen to know what the Sunday (9/12) route would be from Battle Creek, MI to Napoleon, OH?

I would like to stake out some spots to shoot some images.

Thanks much!

I don’t think they publish the routes because they don’t want crowds impeding the riders. Only the riders and crew know it ahead of time,  you might find someone helpful the day before though if you explained what you want to do.

I have a buddy that’s done it every year but sadly his cardiologist won’t clear him this time.

053.JPG

• Like 2

That's understandable.

I thought it would be better if I didn't try and tag along, but I understand why they wouldn't want to publish anything now.

Appreciate it.

RPGR90s

I made an early morning ride to their Chillicothe, OH hotel in 2016 to watch them get on the road.   Some of the support trailers were portable machine shops.

image.thumb.png.1234d62b825959ae287ed97cd39b0de0.png

8 hours ago, lkraus said:

Some of the support trailers were portable machine shops.

They need them, some rebuild their engines in the evenings every day or two. Norm is smiling above because he'd just made it from Atlantic City, NJ to Pueblo, Co. on a 1910 Reading Standard w/about 10hp. The sad news after dinner was they tore into it and found the piston (their 2nd and last) was kaput so had to throw in the towel. The previous three Cannonballs Norm won his class and had perfect scores all on BMW's, really old ones.

050.JPG

060.JPG

23 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

They need them, some rebuild their engines in the evenings every day or two. Norm is smiling above because he'd just made it from Atlantic City, NJ to Colorado Springs on a 1910 Reading Standard w/about 10hp. The sad news after dinner was they tore into it and found the piston (their 2nd and last) was kaput so had to throw in the towel. The previous three Cannonballs Norm won his class and had perfect scores all on BMW's, really old ones.

050.JPG

060.JPG

Sorry to hear about Norm’s health problems. 

Cool.  A few years ago I was in Ireland on a golf vacation and they must have had an event like this underway.  We kept crossing paths with a bunch of these critters on the roads for an entire week.  I looked forward to seeing them, but it was hard to get them on film because they were by you so quick! Antique bikes, but most of the riders were wearing modern gear.

20180827_124150.jpg