IGNORED

I-15 Virgin River Gorge Bridge Construction

Bill_Walker

Folks heading to Torrey from SoCal or Vegas will want to be aware of delays through the Virgin River Gorge area due to bridge construction, through 2024.  There's an app to check status.

https://www.thespectrum.com/story/news/2021/09/03/15-delays-between-utah-las-vegas-next-week-virgin-river-gorge/5685784001/?cid=undefined_The_Spectrum_&_Daily_News&fbclid=IwAR0KJ5dVRNlaJXGF2XC7DNL-JyEuQpeIWZh3RC-JH9jf_DC8bOAiCVMEzmk

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

The app doesn't seem to have any traffic updates.  There are other websites that do.  Just google I-15 Arizona traffic.

I drove through the construction zone this morning going south and this afternoon (a Friday) going north.  Traffic flowed smoothly both ways.  

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

FZ6 serviced/gassed/packed and ready to launch tomorrow ... yeah, seems early, but stopping in Flag Wednesday before heading to Torrey on Thurs.

See ya'll at the Chuckwagon  !!

Dennis Andress
53 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

FZ6 serviced/gassed/packed and ready to launch tomorrow ... yeah, seems early, but stopping in Flag Wednesday before heading to Torrey on Thurs.

See ya'll at the Chuckwagon  !!

I wonder if we could meet somewhere around Page or Kanab.

25 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I wonder if we could meet somewhere around Page or Kanab.

What did you have in mind ?  No set plan on when I'm leaving Flag Thurs AM , so open to suggestions either way.

Dennis Andress
43 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

What did you have in mind ?  No set plan on when I'm leaving Flag Thurs AM , so open to suggestions either way.

Hard to find a place in the middle to meet. I was going to visit Bryce and then head north on Rt 62 towards Antimony. I guess we could meet in Kanab.

Which way were you thinking of?

image.png

Dennis Andress

There's a BLM Visitor Center on the right as you enter Kanab, just after the Quality Inn. Before 11:00 would be a good time, but it's an hour and a half for me and three and a half for you, what time do you want to be there?

And visiting Bryce is optional for me.

BLM center works ... yeah, 11:30 would be better for me if not too late for you ... puts me out of Flag around 8 ... earlier than I'd envisioned, but not tooooo  early :cool:

If its a go, PM me phone # so if I get hung up or other I can  call or text an update ... and Bryce is optional for me as well ... so maybe, maybe not ...  whatever feels good at the time .... :)

• Like 1