IGNORED

R1100RS Neutral switch

Patrick4Manor

Patrick4Manor

Hello all, I've come on this forum to ask if anyone can help with a problem I've got. 

I've had to remove the side panels and tank of my (UK model) R1100RS in order to unplug and remove the LH handlebar switch gear. When I realised I needed to order hose clamps to remove the tank I decided to warm the engine up in order to drain the oil, only to find I have no signal from the neutral switch or the gear identifying switch. I can't imagine the switches have died since I last ran the engine so am assuming the wires may have become dislodged or something similar, though I have found that they follow different routes round the frame. Has anyone out there had the same problem and can say " Ha, what you did was  ................"?  I'm confused and frankly starting to get frustrated.

2 minutes ago, Patrick4Manor said:

Hello all, I've come on this forum to ask if anyone can help with a problem I've got. 

I've had to remove the side panels and tank of my (UK model) R1100RS in order to unplug and remove the LH handlebar switch gear. When I realised I needed to order hose clamps to remove the tank I decided to warm the engine up in order to drain the oil, only to find I have no signal from the neutral switch or the gear identifying switch. I can't imagine the switches have died since I last ran the engine so am assuming the wires may have become dislodged or something similar, though I have found that they follow different routes round the frame. Has anyone out there had the same problem and can say " Ha, what you did was  ................"?  I'm confused and frankly starting to get frustrated.

Afternoon  Patrick

Is your side stand UP?

Patrick4Manor

Hi Oracle,

Thanks for replying earlier and sorry it took so long for me to answer. I'm off to bed now so won't see anay reply till tomorrow now.

Patrick