R1250RS factory repair manual needed WTB

Motorhead1977

Motorhead1977

I need a BMW factory repair manual (DVD version) for my 2020 R1250RS. These are no longer available from BMW. (I was informed by my dealership today that BMW have discontinued all their DVD manuals) I'm happy to pay well for it. Original list price was approximately $112.00. Please message me. Thank you.

I was told the same thing from Sierra BMW and Max BMW when trying to purchase a repair dvd for my 2020 R1250RT.

What are we supposed to do?

I think BMW was the originator of the heated-seats-by-subscription option.  I suspect access to a web based service manual will eventually be the same.

Personally, the Against pan on my decision balance of reasons for buying a new R1250RT just bottomed out.

image.png.ffe2ce20c30352bddff5e26748daf395.png

• Like 1

Sorry to read about this.  I have read about Ken's plight in trying to get one for his RT.  I told him that I ordered mine through Max before realizing they were no longer offered.  I managed to buy a service DVD for the RT before they were discontinued from BMW.

With that in mind, it makes it seem more like BMW wants their owners to visit dealer shops for repairs/maintnenance.  I take it that the BMW techs doing service have access to the service manual online.

Wondering if the DVD is capable of being c****d if one were to borrow it.  :dontknow:  (I am not going there, but just asking if it were possible - I know about © issues and do not wish to post anything that would violate any forum rules and such as the like.)

Cheers,

Motorhead1977

Perhaps some kind soles would be willing to print the pages needed for a fee to compensate for the time and materials??

As a hypothetical I'd be happy to explore if that c#@*&d thing was even possible if I had access to the 1250 RS DVD. I have one for the 1200RT LC to experiment with but unsure if they have the same format etc.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Shelterwoods

I have the DVD, but have not tried to print or pdf any pages yet. On a trip now, but will try later.

I have read about this same kind of thing with John Deere farm equipment; there is a right-to-repair movement getting started because of this kind of thing. Owners of JD equipment have to wait until JD service is available, which can cause problems in the midst of harvest season.

Del

Motorhead1977

Del, thank you. That's most generous of you. I didn't learn about the discontinued repair manuals until after my purchase and have to agree, it would have had some impact on my decision. Looking forward to hearing from you when you're back home.

Tom