IGNORED

You can only pick one,.....

Rougarou

which vehicle would you get, any year, make, model.  It would be your forever vehicle.  Which would you choose?

You first......:lurk:

Kidding...I just picked up a 2008 Mercedes SL550 with only 9000 original miles.......... perfect showroom condition. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Considering I live where we get 4 ft of snow.

Mercedes AMG GT 63S 4 door Coupe would work.

630 hp, 0-60 3.1 s, 4 passengers, all wheel drive. Fully optioned - ~$200,000.

If you mean something I can afford-

Looking at Mercedes AMG 43, either C class sedan or GLC.

• Like 2

99-03 Ford Superduty,.....I'm kinda practical.  I believe every household needs a truck to deal with household events.  I could haul a few tons of dirt, rock, mulch.  Carry five passengers.  Get decent mileage.  And the durability of the 7.3 International is solid.  Easy and decently cheap to maintain as well.

• Like 1

I had a 79, 89, 99, 09 and now a 2014 (a jeep experiment messed up the sequence :)). So, other than a new Porsche (not practical enough) I’d stay the course. 
2022-Ford-F150%20SuperCrew%20Cab-front-p

• Like 1

Nothing like being at Lowe's and doing that impulse kitchen appliance replacement buy and having an immediate way to haul it all home ;););)

Although, we did fit a full size 30" deep bathtub into the X5 that we had.

3D model delorean time machine - TurboSquid 1247491

HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I would have to have a spare flux capacitor.... just in case

Does this qualify as an answer?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, MachineJoe said:

3D model delorean time machine - TurboSquid 1247491

HANDS DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course I would have to have a spare flux capacitor.... just in case

Does this qualify as an answer?

Sure, but how you gonna haul a stack of 2x4s?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Sure, but how you gonna haul a stack of 2x4s?

On the roof,.....duh!!

Picking just one would be really tough choice between a new M5 and a Hemi 1968 Dodge Charger.  If limited to only having one car (perish the thought but suppose the retirement home 20 years from now might frown on a separate garage) it would have to be a X5 45e…

B5369D1E-5A09-41FE-A8C7-E76950C524AF.jpeg

fourteenfour

Hmmm... out of all my cars I would rate my 2018 Tesla 3 as my favorite but prior to that my favorite car was a 2013 VW TDI Convertible Beetle, manual transmission too! That car was flawless, got great mileage, but like other TDI of its generation got caught up in the recall and likely got crushed.

image.thumb.png.5ee0990b452adc8469f366ab5b675599.png

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, West_Coaster said:

You know you want it....

classic-drag-engine-ford-wallpaper-preview.jpg.0177ce61abd6c4f951a4c1049111a39e.jpg

Don't knock the Pinto,.......ya, I had one, a 79............did I just admit that:4607:

5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I had a 79, 89, 99, 09 and now a 2014 (a jeep experiment messed up the sequence :)). So, other than a new Porsche (not practical enough) I’d stay the course. 
2022-Ford-F150%20SuperCrew%20Cab-front-p

Damn Pat, I just picked up that truck! 20210812_182149.thumb.jpg.bca19ebc34050515b8fe07fa5c7f6a5d.jpgLove that ecoboost!

• Like 1

That’s Awesome Mike! :clap: I actually went to the dealership last week but they have a limited supply still. (Chip) This was nice but sticker shock is alive and well! :eek:

74A64B9F-11D4-453E-9188-EA6E97999384.jpeg

10 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

That’s Awesome Mike! :clap: I actually went to the dealership last week but they have a limited supply still. (Chip) This was nice but sticker shock is alive and well! :eek:

74A64B9F-11D4-453E-9188-EA6E97999384.jpeg

I do wished the wife woulda picked a Ford again.  While her GMC in quite nice, I'm thinking I, and really she woulda liked the Ford overall.  She loved her SuperDuty, but we didn't need that much truck anymore,.....but if I had to own only one, that 7.3 would be the only vehicle in the driveway!!

• Like 1

Eight weeks ain’t bad at all for an order. :thumbsup: 

Not sure if you saw my used Porsche inquires with Bill. The car deal I was chasing may not happen and I told my neighbor (middleman) it’s ok, I’ll find something else to spend the money on. I think I just did! :classic_biggrin:

57 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I think it's pretty un-american to not have at least owned one Pinto or Maverick

Rolled my Maverick. Hard. Into a Bible camp in the middle of the woods.

They tried to save our souls after pulling us out.

Big fail.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, taylor1 said:

I think it's pretty un-american to not have at least owned one Pinto or Maverick

I got in with the Mustang. I do feel American so, it musta worked! :classic_biggrin:
pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

RandyShields

Richard, I think you have a hit with this thread.  Everyone loves vehicles.  A bit surprised, though that for this site no one has yet picked a two wheeler.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Richard, I think you have a hit with this thread.  Everyone loves vehicles.  A bit surprised, though that for this site no one has yet picked a two wheeler.

Think the bike we like is the one we’re riding, we indulge ourselves like that. When I see the pricing on a bike I can generally find a way to afford it but pricing on highly desirable cars (usually not a Pinto or Maverick) I have to come up with all kind of schemes short of selling a kidney. New car prices are INSANE. 

28 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Richard, I think you have a hit with this thread.  

Personally I think it’s a terrible thread, having only one vehicle would be no fun at all and is totally illogical. :grin:

• Haha 4
RandyShields
1 minute ago, roadscholar said:

Personally I think it’s a terrible thread, having only one vehicle would be no fun at all and is totally illogical. :grin:

From a guy whose insurance agent loves him because we insure 7 vehicles (down from 8), I get it.  I still watch the auto shows where guys have collections of 20+ beautiful and exotic vehicles, and would love to go there but don't have the funds to support that habit.  I can continue to dream though.

C'mon lotto, papa needs a new Aston. And Shelby. And Boss 302. And Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited. And Maverick Grabber, for old times sake.

And regular pickup to loan out to the kids.

And Porsche 911. Should probably see if I fit in that one first.

Ooh, and a G Wagon. Matching 550S to go with it.

A Saleen is always a nice addition.

Gotta throw in a Hellcat of some type.

Hmm, that better be a hell of a lotto...

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Ok Spock,....pretend you live in China or something and are completely limited to a single vehicle or that you can actually only afford a single vehicle.

I picked mine due to the things the wife and I do (we get lotsa big stuff that won't fit in a Boxster nor a Suburban).  The truck may not be practical for everyone, some people never need haul anything larger than a bag that fits in a "frumk" and will have to rely on someone else (yes I have a truck, no I'm not helping you move;)), or rent the vehicle to be able to fit four sets of golf clubs with their four friends (that tag-along guy) ;):4322:

45 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

From a guy whose insurance agent loves him because we insure 7 vehicles (down from 8), I get it.  I still watch the auto shows where guys have collections of 20+ beautiful and exotic vehicles, and would love to go there but don't have the funds to support that habit.  I can continue to dream though.

I had that problem a few years ago and am down to five on my account,....six if you add my youngest daughter.

2 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

2024 Tesla Cybertruck duel or tri motor (yet to be determined) with full self driving capabilities. 

I think I'll wait for Lordstown's Endurance

5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I think I'll wait for Lordstown's Endurance

There having a bit of growing pains unfortunately.. (Link)

I’m not convinced one way or the other on their use of hub motors but time will tell.

Ok maybe a Cayenne diesel, 29mpg, tows 7300lbs, stops and turns better than some sportscars and will likely make it over Imogene Pass. Still lacks the fun factor of a two seater sportscar though and for those that appreciate the fine art of driving, a bit mundane. No one car does it all.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

No one car does it all.

Nope, but one must prioritize the needs over the wants if limited to a single choice;)

7 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

There having a bit of growing pains unfortunately.. (Link)

I’m not convinced one way or the other on their use of hub motors but time will tell.

Ya, read that on them.  But it still looks like the limited production run is still on.

Also, you got the Ford Lightning coming on line next year

No one car does it all.

But I've come up with a concept vehicle that comes close, but no one seems to want to build it.

A 500 horsepower convertible all wheel drive minivan with a pickup bed.

Couldn't keep them on the lot if they were built!

Edited by Hosstage
Spelling

If I could only have one, it would probably be a nice pickup, probably a Hemi Ram 4 door, longest bed available. 

No, I'm not helping you move.

In a perfect world, it would be an '86 or '87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Limited (last year), my favorite car of all I've owned. 

3 hours ago, roadscholar said:

And where the dilemma comes in, sometimes the needs and wants are reversed. It’s why people ride motorcycles.

I can't help people that are easily confused ;)

The perfect car has been created, of course, you can't haul a load of manure with it:(

Homer Simpson's Perfect Car Comes to Life at 24 Hours of LeMons - The New York Times

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I can't help people that are easily confused ;)

I can't help the dull and narrow-minded that use cars only for transportation and menial chores. :whistle:

• Plus 1 1