IGNORED

UT-95 is closed.

Twisties

UT-95 is closed due to an emergency bridge repair at Cottonwood Wash.  The closure is projected to remain until October, therefore impacting travel to Torrey.  This does not impact the common day ride from Torrey to Lake Powell, but will impact anyone coming from the east via Blanding, a very common approach. 

You can get through via Bluff and Mexican Hat, or from I-70.  UT-261 from Mexican Hat has the Mokee Dugway, which some don't like to ride, however.

closed.png

• Thanks 1

I was 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:44 AM, Limecreek said:

Thank you Jan.  Looks like we will come up the dugway on the way into Hanksville. 

I was thinking of coming up from Albuquerque.  Don't want to ride the Dugway on an RT.  Looks like the best way around would be 191N through Moab, 70 W, then back down to Hanksville.  I didn't want to go that far around.  Any other good options?

Thanks

The RT will easily handle the dugway, or it’s the route through Moab that you mentioned. A third alternative may have been the Bullfrog ferry but it looks like it is closed. 

7 hours ago, Limecreek said:

The RT will easily handle the dugway, or it’s the route through Moab that you mentioned. A third alternative may have been the Bullfrog ferry but it looks like it is closed. 

I’ve been up it on an rt and can’t wait to do it again.