IGNORED

Wiring HELP, please

CruisinCruzan

CruisinCruzan

Being a near idiot when it comes to wiring I need help. I have installed a Painless Wiring (that's a misnomer!) CirKit Boss 7 circuit fuse block in my '06 RT. It has 3 constant on circuits and 4 ignition switched circuits, as well as, a built in relay. The first one I installed would only get power to the constant on circuits. None of the ignition on circuits worked including the fuse that controlled the relay. My switched source of power for the relay is the R sided parkng light (When I test the lead from the parking light to the wire that controls the relay it turns on the light of my continuity tester). I called Painles Wiring and they informed me that what I was experiencing should not happen (tremendous help!) and advised me to order a new block, which I did. I have installed the new block and the same thing happens except now I get power to the relay fuse when I turn the ignition on but none of the circuits have power. The constant on circuits have power. I have HID lights and an autocom hooked up to the switched outlets and a GPS and Powerlet hooked up to the constant on circuits. All of my grounds are going to a grounding block which is connected to the ground terminal of my battery by a short piece of heavy gauge wire. Any help would be appreciated, my kids are making fun of me and I think my wife is quietly enjoying the slow torture I'm going through.

This is on an R1200RT correct?

I suspect this is a lights ground vs. relay ground issue. Try this and report back - Temporally connect the relay triggering lead (the one with the fuse, right?) directly to the positive of your battery. Do the ignition switched circuits now have power?

Also, does the relay have a separate ground wire or is it built into the fuse block, grounded through with everything else?

(Sorry I'm not familiar with this specific fuse block product, is there a web site for it?)

CruisinCruzan

After checking my connections for what seemed like the millionth time it turns out my ground connection to the fuse block was not good I have fixed that and now everything works. The moral of the story, you don't want my help in doing any wiring.

Archived