IGNORED

Marty almost in Belgium...

bart_vanreeth

bart_vanreeth

Got a mail lately. Marty is moving up north. He will be at my place, in Belgium, at the end of next week. He will pass by on his way to François in Holland. Hope the weather changes because right now it's dark, rainy and cold.. if not, I'll lit the fireplace and open some good Belgian trappist beers... it will be like christmas ! grin.gif

We will be honoured to meet the notorious BMW rider thumbsup.gif

Should I inform the neighbours ? Warn the local police ? Send a note to our king (he rides BMW's too) ?

pipenslippers

Got a mail lately. Marty is moving up north. He will be at my place, in Belgium, at the end of next week. He will pass by on his way to François in Holland. Hope the weather changes because right now it's dark, rainy and cold.. if not, I'll lit the fireplace and open some good Belgian trappist beers... it will be like christmas ! grin.gif

We will be honoured to meet the notorious BMW rider thumbsup.gif

Should I inform the neighbours ? Warn the local police ? Send a note to our king (he rides BMW's too) ?

Don't give him the Trappist stuff. They are only used to 1% root beer in the USA! A REAL drink might finish him off!!! tongue.gif

Francois_Dumas

The way the weather is going right now you'd better have some brandy ready, Bart ! grin.gifgrin.gif

I hope it will clear again and get a bit warmer for next week !

Oh, and make some pictures when Marty arrives.... people here start to question whetjer he really is in Europe or not..... eek.gifsmirk.gif

Do not, repeat, do not give him the Trappist Ales! PM me and I'll give you a shipping address. grin.gif I'm only doing this for his protection!

Oh, and ditto the idea of taking pictures. He seems to have an allergy to making photos.

For sure you'll wanna hide all your farm animals grin.gif......middle aged beauties from the local area will undoubtedly get him to stick around a bit longer and maybe even get him to pull the camera out and take a few shots!! Tell him I said Hi!

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Don't give him the Trappist stuff. They are only used to 1% root beer in the USA! A REAL drink might finish him off!!! tongue.gif

He's had my homemade beer which ranges from 6-9%. I think he will survive. tongue.gif

Now...about that shipment of trappist to the states.... grin.gifthumbsup.gif

Shawn

Marty Hill

A short note. In the alps for 3 days. No computer. Only 5 minutes with this one. All is well. Thanks to all. wave.gif

Too bad he is not on his RT-P which I am somewhat partial to. One day when I grow up I'll take the cold rain and snow if I could make a trip like that.

And 0 days of pictures!!!!!

You're right! I'm beginning to think he is sending emails from that same studio where they filmed the fake moon landing back in the 60's. grin.gif

scottie_boy
A short note. In the alps for 3 days. No computer. Only 5 minutes with this one. All is well. Thanks to all. wave.gif

Thanks for the great ride report Marty. It felt just like I was there riding with you. tongue.gifwave.gif

Marty Hill

First one of you clowns who finds me in europe can have my camera. I will post some probably lousy pics in a week or so. blush.gif

bart_vanreeth

Hi Marty ! Some info for you if you're planning to cross the border in Lille. Better cross the area around Lille on the "autoroute A26" (main highway between Paris and Lille). From Arras to the belgium border it's not a toll road anymore(péage) and much easier and faster than the secundairy roads through the suburbs of Lille...

Ride safe !

Jacqueline

Marty,

Maybe you need to start carrying a laptop with you thumbsup.gif. On second thought maybe that camera is already to much dead weight for you to be lugging around the world tongue.gif.

Jacqueline
I will post some probably lousy pics in a week or so. blush.gif
Yea, Yea, Yea we've all heard that before grin.gif. You do realize the more pictures one takes, the better they get thumbsup.gif.
First one of you clowns who finds me in europe can have my camera. I will post some probably lousy pics in a week or so. blush.gif

See, we're all living vicariously through you and it's tough without visual images. Help us out here, man!

grin.gifthumbsup.gif

I'm just jealous.

Archived