IGNORED

Need wiring diagram for 2020 1250RS

Motorhead1977

Motorhead1977

I want to install a set of Hyper lites on my R1250RS and need the rear section wiring diagram as well as the manual instructions for removal of the tail/brake light and rear turn signals. Can anyone share? My factory repair manual is on back order. TIA

I have installed hyperlites on 3 different model BMW’s. The Hyperlites all came with wiring instructions specific to that model

Motorhead1977

Unfortunately there are only generic BMW instructions for the R1250RS. They don't yet have the specifics. Can you share the repair manual pages for gaining access to the tail/brake light? I'd rather not just start disassembly of the rear section blindly as it's not self evident how it comes apart. TIA

1 hour ago, Motorhead1977 said:

Unfortunately there are only generic BMW instructions for the R1250RS. They don't yet have the specifics. Can you share the repair manual pages for gaining access to the tail/brake light? I'd rather not just start disassembly of the rear section blindly as it's not self evident how it comes apart. TIA

The following is for a Wethead RT I'm assuming it would be the same.

Blue/Black: Right turn signal
Blue/Red:Left turn signal
Grey/Red: Tail light
Grey Black with Yellow dot: Brake
Brown: Ground

• 2 months later...

Did you resolve this?

I have a 2021 RT and opened up the harness and it does not match what Hyper-Lite instructions say.

I found following wires going to the rear/brake light when peeling the harness, all dont seem to be connected to the connector at the light end. 

Brown

Brown with black specks (dots)

Blue/Red stripe

Blue/Black Stripe

Gray/Black Stripe

Gray/Red Stripe

Red/Black Stripe

Hyper-Lite lists only three wires to be connected to the harness. 

would appreciate some help

H

IMG_7041.jpg

Motorhead1977

No, never resolved it on my RS. I'm going to try in the next few weeks now that riding weather is pretty much kaput in the NE USA (at least for me). Hopefully I'll have some useful information to report.

1 hour ago, bimmers said:

Hyper-Lite lists only three wires to be connected to the harness. 

would appreciate some help

@strataj has given you the colour code to function chart. What else do you need? I don't know what Hyper-Light is, assume it's some kind of brake light. Again, the brake light wire is there and the ground too so I am at a loss as to what else is missing. I connected to the same loom (almost the  exact location) my trailer connector loom and everything works. Also a '21 RT...

Motorhead1977

For me it's getting access to the wiring in the tail section/number plate holder since the wiring that's accessable under the seat is minimal on the RS

Hati,

you are right I somehow missed this. Will make a stab on it.

MH,

Dont know the RS seat arrangement but I did remove the baggage holder assembly and was prepared to remove more when I stumbled upon one of those plastic connectors (one without a pin to pull) so I stopped there but can work with whats in the photo.

thanks for the help.

H

PS here riding is getting bearable with morning temps in upper 50's low 60's :)

Motorhead1977

RS seat is 2 piece so both sections remove easily. It's the wiring visible under the seat that's lacking.  Got all the disassembly instructions printed from my pirated shop repair manual so I'm good to go soon as I get the time to do it.

ok I got it done and covered up with vulcanizing tape. Hyper-Lites flash nicely when braking. 

Next to attack is the TFT connections and BMW com unit.

thanks for all help.

H