IGNORED

R1200RT cam chain seems noisier after an oil change

legarem

Hello

I bought this bike last fall. I've done my first oil change on my 1200RT 2012 yesterday. It has 103 000 kms. I used Mobil 1 15W50. Since I've done oil change, my motor 'seems' noisier at low RPM during acceleration and deceleration.. The sound remains me a little bit my R1150RT before cam chain tensioner upgrade. The previous owner did all his maintenance at the BMW dealer so I assume they used BMW oil. I always used Mobil 1 in all my engines without any problems. Any comments with this situation ? Thanks

I also have a 2012  R1200rt. Hard to say what your noise is. The Camhead engine generally makes noises that one may think is unusual. Not saying either way on yours is normal or you may have some issue. I can only say after my RT engine broke in I switched over to Mobil One 15w/50. So far no issues from my experience, it's good oil to use. Might need to have the dealer take a listen to it. Sorry that's the best I can comment for now. Just to add one more thing. I have 92,000 miles on my RT.