IGNORED

Gear Storage

Wilinfla

I needed an inexpensive way to get all of the  motorcycle gear together. I found this solid wood armoire (tv cabinet) on Craigslist free. I lined the back with cedar, and added a rod to hang clothes. It fits everything great, and the price couldn’t be beat.

38610553-2E15-49EC-A1B7-FF01812F86AE.jpeg

96E6F114-2BF0-4B00-A7BF-B552FF2D26EF.jpeg

610FB44D-3B42-488D-BC19-1F35B94103C5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Wilinfla changed the title to Gear Storage

As an empty nester we have a closet in what was our son's bedroom that I use for gear storage. I wouldn't want to store gear outside in our heat and humidity.

14 hours ago, dduelin said:

As an empty nester we have a closet in what was our son's bedroom that I use for gear storage. I wouldn't want to store gear outside in our heat and humidity.

As an empty nester we have my wife's quilting/sewing/embroidery machines spreading into the what-once-was-vacant second bedroom!

BTW, Wilinfla, what is that old wood prop on top from??  Looks like it's seen some serious use and abuse, along with several repairs, mods, and embellisments.  Not sure that one is even rated for mantlepiece duty anymore.  Sensenich has been around a while.  Beautiful wood props.

1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

BTW, Wilinfla, what is that old wood prop on top from??  Looks like it's seen some serious use and abuse, along with several repairs, mods, and embellisments.  Not sure that one is even rated for mantlepiece duty anymore.  Sensenich has been around a while.  Beautiful wood props.

That one has had a tough life, I believe it was cut down for air boat use or who knows what. The nicer ones are kept inside.

48058A41-9500-4520-9745-C4C3CB8D76E5.jpeg

5E36EA3F-E4C8-4F09-B129-4ADCC95E872C.jpeg

• Like 1
Shelterwoods

Brilliant idea! Great way to store gear and use something that might otherwise be thrown away. The cedar will reduce moth damage if you have any wool, as well.

Del