IGNORED

Navigator VI

PastorJay

First season as a BMW rider. Loving the 2015 RT. Just returned from a 900 mile four day trip to, in and around the Catskill mountains. I have the Nav VI set for fastest route but it seems that is not always the case its guidance. When I had connectivity in the mountains Apple Maps and google both differ from the Nav VI. Often times the VI seemed to be directing me out of the way. Have you had issues with it. Any suggestions. Thanks. Again, this machine is amazing; built for such a trip. 

All the navigation apps/devices seem to route differently.

Waze routes differently than GMC and Subaru vehicle navigation as well as my Navigator VI and Zumo.    

7 hours ago, PastorJay said:

I have the Nav VI set for fastest route but it seems that is not always the case its guidance.

There are other settings in the GPS that will affect how it routes.  Is there a Mode setting (Car or Motorcycle)?  Also check to see if any avoidances are set.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 2:59 PM, Michaelr11 said:

There are other settings in the GPS that will affect how it routes.  Is there a Mode setting (Car or Motorcycle)?  Also check to see if any avoidances are set.

Will do, thank you. 

You may want to check out the NewEnglandRiders.org website sand their GPS section. Lots of useful information, including instructions and downloadable PDF’s on how to setup, program design and use routes in your GPS unit for Windows or Mac. Very helpful.

Plus lots of ride and route suggestions for the NE of the USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1