IGNORED

1 pc vs 2pc Aerostitch

Jharpphoto

I’m shopping for a new jacket and pants and interested in Aerostitch.  Just curious about the pros and cons of a 1 pc suit and 2 pc. What is your preference and why?

15 minutes ago, Jharpphoto said:

I’m shopping for a new jacket and pants and interested in Aerostitch.  Just curious about the pros and cons of a 1 pc suit and 2 pc. What is your preference and why?

I have a aerostich suit I got from goodwill.  I only use it for winter riding or expected heavy rain.  It's handy to slide into and zip up and go.

I have other gear pants and jackets, mainly used for warmer weather riding as they're mesh. 

It's just preference for time of year/weather riding for me.  I can go either way suit or pants/jacket.  I have multiple pieces of riding gear to wear and sometimes not wear,....depends on mood.

I chose the two piece stitch over the one piece because the jacket could be worn stand alone with riding jeans or lighter pants. Both pc can be zipped together and worn as a one piece. 

I usually wore it with the light Utility pants in the summer and a bib during the cooler season. 

9 hours ago, TEWKS said:

With the one piece, it’s all or nothing. :dontknow: I like having the option to just wear the jacket every once in a while. I got  the extra bib-pants-converter:dontknow: 

8 hours ago, Jharpphoto said:

Options are good

Options are good!

I've got the stich one piece, along with two pair of riding pants, and five different jackets..

If I had to only have a single set of riding gear, .......it'd be jacket/pants......but your climate/riding preferences determines the gear you get.  I can go from single digits to triple digits and be protected (to a degree), if I want.  Most summer days, it's just the jacket/gloves/helmet/boots.  Long rides, I throw on the pants due to unfamiliar territory.

I've worn a 2 piece Aerostitch Roadcrafter for 20 years now (No not the same suit, two of em).  In addition to the  previous comments about wearing a two piece, I'll add that if for some reason you hear nature call, much easier to use the restroom in a two piece than trying to completely remove a one piece suit if what you need to do involves more than just emptying the bladder.  Also, if you're riding a bike with more forward lean than sitting straight up and down, you can add the zip in Forward Lean Ellipse which gives  you more space to lean forward.

I don't know if its still this way with the newer zippers, but the older 1 piece suits used to pool up rain in the crotch area due to the waterproof fabric creating a pocket for the rain to collect.  Then eventually seep/leaking in through the zipper giving you a wetspot in the wrong place.  The shape/form of a 2 piece avoids the bowl/pocket to collect the rain and you wouldn't get a wet crotch.  The newer suit zippers look more reinforced so this may no longer be a problem.

Yes, options are good! I have several different "suits". Two and one piece. 

In hotter weather the ability to remove only the jacket when fueling up, getting something to eat, etc. works best for me. I use mesh gear in hot weather ( 75 and up). 

BUT...there is simply nothing that compares to the quick easy entry and exit of a one piece Aerostich! I can be out of the Aerostich about as quick as some get out of a jacket. 

I am on my second 2pc AeroStich RoadCrafter Classic. I thought about using a 1pc, but the alterations to make the 1pc fit, would be more then for the 2pc.

Besides it is easier to get in and out of a 2pc. I don't have to deal with the super long zipper.

Also in the old days, the 2pc didn't leak in the crutch, but I think they got that fixed.

4 hours ago, realshelby said:

BUT...there is simply nothing that compares to the quick easy entry and exit of a one piece Aerostich! I can be out of the Aerostich about as quick as some get out of a jacket. 

Yep, step in, pull up, zip, done!  Getting out's just as easy......unzip, drop, step out.

But, as I said above, if I only had one set of gear, it'd be the two piece, cause one piece is all or nothing.

I’ve got a 1-piece Aerostich and an Aerostich Darien Jacket and pants. 9 times out of 10 I go with the 2-piece. I like being able to get out of the jacket when I stop and I like the fit better. That said, both are outstanding products.