IGNORED

Ham radio folks

Warren Dean

As I cruise the forums, I have been noting several members that have their amateur radio call sign in their signature line.

I wonder how many hams we actually have here at BMW Sport Touring....

KE7ZES

lowly Technician, rarely used and not for communication .... the license is required to operate on certain long range radio frequencies for controlling electric model airplanes (not helicopter drones)  ... 

While I'm not a Ham, my younger brother is.  He used to be KB0KFX.  I made up QSL cards for him ages ago, so I remember the number.

But since he moved to Wisconsin a long time ago, he decided to retire that number and get one for his region.  I didn't have that one memorized. 

He's now KX9RT.  He has RT in his call sign, my bike!  Never put that together until now.

N6DPN.  Got a postcard yesterday from the AARL with a membership offer.  Perhaps I should stop thinking about a new R18 and rekindle my dormant interest in amateur radio. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sailorlite said:

N6DPN.  Got a postcard yesterday from the AARL with a membership offer.  Perhaps I should stop thinking about a new R18 and rekindle my dormant interest in amateur radio. 

Meant ARRL, not AARL - which was going strong even when I got my Novice ticket in 1959. 

4 hours ago, Warren Dean said:

Nice call.  :)

Yeah, I thought it'd be fun.  When I got my Extra, I decided to switch from a 2x3 to 1x3, basically for the shorter call.  It was available and had a bit of a colorful history.  Mostly people ask if I work for General Services Administration.  lol

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, greiffster said:

Yeah, I thought it'd be fun.  When I got my Extra, I decided to switch from a 2x3 to 1x3, basically for the shorter call.  It was available and had a bit of a colorful history.  Mostly people ask if I work for General Services Administration.  lol

I gave up my 2x1 call, NI5L, for the current one. I am a CW guy and if you do CW, you can hear that it is a fun call.

Seems like everybody and their cat have 2x1 calls now that Extra isn't as elite a license class as it was years ago.