IGNORED

130 hp and the North Cascades all to myself ! ! ! [plus other adventures ....]

Doug 55

OK - a slight exaggeration but not much !

Nigh unto my 6th season of beemerism wink.gif I realized a local treasure - the short portion of North Cascades highway aka WA 20 that is open all year around on the west side.

Conventional wisdom disdains the "same" route up and back but ripping around that amazing country on the K12 with long intervals between other vehicles was a great experience.

70022645-L.jpg

Yee-Haw !!!

70016380-L.jpg

70016692-L.jpg

70016753-M.jpg

70016845-M.jpg

This scene was a personal favourite

70175107-L.jpg

70016829-L.jpg

70020372-L.jpg

70016748-M.jpg

70020409-L.jpg

70020353-S.jpg

Another "place and time" ... vignettes from a stop LaConner / Conway WA

70022651-L.jpg

70019202-L.jpg

70019240-L.jpg

70019516-L.jpg

Travels on another recent weekend took me over Highway 2 / Stevens pass ... decent weather around home but tuff sledding over the Cascade summit

70019759-L.jpg

"Faith was it's own reward" though - wonderful weather and scenery in Eastern WA / Leavenworth area

70019897-L.jpg

70020721-L.jpg

70019929-L.jpg

70182715-L.jpg

70020135-L.jpg

70020798-L.jpg

70020853-L.jpg

"Mawh ha-ha-ha ..." back to the laboratory and bench (er, table in this case) testing PIAAs destined for K12 install thumbsup.gif

70020164-M.jpg

Doug,

Great photos .especially the black and white ones [ love the train one especially ] ....looks like you had the roads to yourself .

Steve

Francois_Dumas

Top Notch photos as always Doug !!

The first one says it all for me... that's how I love to ride too... the road and the landscape to myself, no one else venturing out !! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I am jeaous of my daughter.. she'll be there in August.... and I won't !! crazy.gifcrazy.gif

Firefight911

Doug,

Absolutely wonderful. There is something about that picture of the bike, the barn, and the caution sign that draws me right in.

Very nice report! Thanks for sharing some fabulous scenery!

smkymtntaco

Doug,

You've done it again! Wonderful photo essay!

My favorites are the B/W locomotive K1200RS, the Johnson Rd. dairy barn, and the bridge-to-the-wilderness.

Regards,

Fasterpill

Ahhhh, therapy yet again. It's tough to move away from all this amazing riding, but we're moving toward family and more healing.

This is where you want to push a button and turn the K into a GS:

70020135-L.jpg

Amazing, amazing shots, Doug. See ya at Chief Joseph?

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs

Nice shots of the bald eagle. How much trouble would you get into if you went around the barricade? A hefty fine, I'd bet. It looks as though you did make it to the Ross Lake overlooks East of the dam.

Your "personal favorite scene" appears to be the riverbed downstream of the flood gates. I'd like to be there when they open the gates those two times a year. What an awesome sight that would be to see all of that water rushing down! cool.gif

Hmmmmmmmm, now there's an idea.....Doug is single and turning into the "Marty Hill" of Washington State......is your daughter eligable? Could be interesting!! wink.gif

Oh.....and Doug....again, you got some great shots in there. Like the B&W's!

Pat

So much of our country to see, but so little time. What's wrong with that equation? LOL

Adding yet another must see location to my very long lost.

Thanks for some great views.

Jim

Archived