IGNORED

No persistent login. Must log in every time.

LittleBriar

LittleBriar

Recently I have noticed that I must log in each time I enter the site. This happens on both my desktop and phone. I check the option to stay logged in when I sign in each time. I'm using firefox on both desktop and android phone.

On 8/2/2021 at 6:33 AM, LittleBriar said:

Recently I have noticed that I must log in each time I enter the site. This happens on both my desktop and phone. I check the option to stay logged in when I sign in each time. I'm using firefox on both desktop and android phone.

Same here with iPhone & iPad.  

I’m not doing anything different from before & don’t logout (then or now). 

2 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

Same here with iPhone & iPad.  

I’m not doing anything different from before & don’t logout (then or now). 

Eric , which model iPhone/OS and Browser  ?  ... same questions for iPad.  Additionally, do you log in from a desktop ?  ... if so , OS/Browser used and any issues there ? 

It could be a puzzler ... for reference my iPhone 6S is on 14.6 / Safari , my iPad is 14.7.1 with Safari / Firefox, and my iMac is 11.5 with Safari, Chrome (92.0.4515.131and Firefox (90.0.2) and none exhibit that problem ... although I don't log out.  On my iPad/Firefox, if I log out , I have to log in, but the user/pw is pre-filled

I don’t log out. 
iPad is iPad Pro 13.3 

iPhone is 10X Max  14.2

I avoid software updates as they seem to decrease rather then enhance usability.

I only access site from these two devices. 

4 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

I avoid software updates as they seem to decrease rather then enhance usability.

Unfortunately our site doesn't have that "luxury" .... To maintain our included service maintenance we have to stay current.  There have been several patches and updates even after our major update ... some of which may have been to match changes in OS from Apple and Microsoft.  If that's the case, its unfortunate, but support for non-current OS or browsers is not always guaranteed.  

Can you narrow down the time frame this started ... was it concurrent with our recent major update or after ?

By chance do you have cookies blocked on either/both devices ?  If not, I'm not sure if there is a solution but I'll continue to investigate.

This started at or soon after the most recent site update (a few weeks back). 
I’ve not done anything different & don’t think I’ve blocked anything.  

45 minutes ago, ESokoloff said:

This started at or soon after the most recent site update

The remember me feature is obviously cookie drive and in particular from what I've been able to research, for our software, its a hard coded value (LOGiN_KEY_VALIDITY='P3M' ) for  a lifespan of 90 days, but refreshable every time you log in.  Its possible that there might have been a "standards" change in code where now the older OS/browser doesn't read the LOGIN_KEY value OR the cookies have been corrupted and are not being set appropriately ... this is just a WAG ... no supporting documentation.  

If possible - and you may or may not want to  - but you could try to clear the browser cache and delete all cookies on at least one of your devices , then on next log in ensure remember me is checked and try again.  

I’ve cleaned things up a bit on my end. 

So far so good, no re-logon required. 

Thanks on this & all your other hard works:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, ESokoloff said:

Well, it lasted for a day:dopeslap:

My only other suggestion is , if you are using Safari exclusively, try Firefox on one of your devices . 

Sorry, you had asked about browser. 
Google Crome & Safari on both devices. 

Did I mention how much I hate software updates?:grin:

Just now, ESokoloff said:

Did I mention how much I hate software updates?:grin:

I can tell you I'm no big fan either , the last one here was a lot of work.  :88:.

The issue here was in some ways similar ... the update broke a lot of 3rd party applications that we used.  Took a while for developers to catch up and for those that never did, it required finding replacement apps.

But back to your situation ... before updating the OS if that's what you're contemplating, you might try updating Chrome (if you haven't) or if you have  give Firefox a shot ... it seems a bit more tolerant and is or was widely used by programmers.

In continuing research, I did find quite a few folk with similar "not retaining login " issues with Safari.  Sadly, there were no solutions posted except to check settings or delete cookies (done) , there were however a few  that indicated Firefox worked.