IGNORED

Bogus Speeding Ticket - No Motorcycle Content

Selden

Today I received a notice of an outstanding ticket from Washington DC. The ticket alleges that I was traveling at 16-20 over the speed limit at 10:41 AM on April 6, 2021, 600 block, New York Avenue NE, Westbound.

At the time of the alleged violation I was more than 100 miles away, on my way to a Home Depot in New Castle, Delaware. I have both a Google Maps timeline and a time-stamped Home Depot customer receipt. Do you think I need any more documentation to contest this ticket?

55248548_Screenshot2021-07-2919_16_48.thumb.png.78fd579ab79e6ddbc8708b3d158e2eae.png  159107117_Screenshot2021-07-2919_12_26.thumb.png.6d974115385c414b2068c1ce1fdb111d.png

Love to see that photo ticket!!!

Seriously, I got a notice that I crossed a toll bridge w/out paying 350 miles away from my house in the dead of winter (M/C was all tucked away for the season). I called and got to speak to an actual human who was able to display the photo on his computer screen. He said, " I don't even see a license plate on this bike, don't see how this is legit." He took it out of the system and that was that.

Good luck!!

My wife and I just reviewed the timeline and realized that she and our daughter had driven down to Georgia on March 28, and our daughter started driving back on April 5, stopping to stay overnight with a friend who lives outside DC. She was driving the car on April 6. I am beyond pissed off.

At least I didn't make a fool of myself contesting the ticket.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1