IGNORED

Recommended television shows…

mickeym3

Having never been much of a television viewer I’ve made exceptions for shows that really excelled in character development (“The Americans” being a personal favorite with “Breaking Bad” being a close second) I wanted to recommend the new PBS series “Professor T”. Based on the first two episodes it holds promise.

Other recommendations?

The original Professor T from one of the nordic countries was (is) great.  The UK version is not half as good.  Look for the original.  It is waaay better.

• Like 1

Alfie Solomons is my current favourite character.  

I am absolutely fully invested in British programs right now.  Had to arrange a UK VPN address to watch Season 6 of Line of Duty on BBC this spring.  Broadchurch (the UK one),  Hinterland, Happy Valley, Shetland.  You'll never go back.  

Mike C

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

We were browsing thru the selections on prime and Netflix last weekend and stumbled on this. Didn’t know what it was about or who was in it I just liked the title, turned out to be really good.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I've enjoyed Grantchester, Goliath, and Godless all series on prime and a film The Unforgiveable on Netflix and Succession on HBO Max. Long Michigan winters you know. 

• 1 month later...

Just watched season one of the new Reacher, we thought it was pretty good, I think Roug would especially like it.. music is great too but I like blues.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, roadscholar said:

Just watched season one of the new Reacher, we thought it was pretty good, I think Roug would especially like it.. music is great too but I like blues.

Yep, we watched it.  Pretty good, they've already renewed for season two.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Teen:  "there are four of us."

Reacher:  "One of you has to drive to the hospital."

:rofl:

Last teen:  "I know where the hospital is"

• Haha 2
  • 1 month later...

1883, give it a go,......and, I had to scratch my eye for some reason at the end of episode ten.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
roadscholar

Yep we liked it, hard to find a western that's not overdone anymore but they nailed this one pretty good.

We're on to Goliath now, perfect role for an aging Billy Bob plus I like the somewhat obscure LA settings.    

2 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Yep we liked it, hard to find a western that's not overdone anymore but they nailed this one pretty good.

We're on to Goliath now, perfect role for an aging Billy Bob plus I like the somewhat obscure LA settings.    

Too bad no season 2 of 1883, but they are developing 1932 for the Duttons.

Loved Goliath!! 

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
roadscholar

The Terminal List from the book by Jack Carr, ex Navy Seal and cool dude (thanks for the tip JR). He gave an interview on Tucker last night explaining why half of critics didnt like it but 95% of viewers did. Warning  political content (really just stupid stuff) so don’t watch if easily offended. The usual beer, guns, red meat, American flag, etc : )

I have been watching The Terminal List.   Great series.   I have only 3 episodes left to watch; trying not to binge, but it is highly likely I will finish them out this weekend.  :classic_angry:

Then, on to the next recommended series.   Still waiting for more Reacher!

John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

The Terminal List from the book by Jack Carr, ex Navy Seal and cool dude (thanks for the tip JR). He gave an interview on Tucker last night explaining why half of critics didnt like it but 95% of viewers did. Warning  political content (really just stupid stuff) so don’t watch if easily offended. The usual beer, guns, red meat, American flag, etc : )

I've read (listened to) the entire series.  It's entertaining.  A bit over the top, but sprinkled with enough insider detail from Carr's actual experience and knowledge to keep me engaged.  It's not like reading War 'n Peace, for sure.

image.png.25d891ec5b2fda30ee9d9163ab0ab7e3.png

I've never been to war and don't expect to go to war (except with my HOA) and the people I know who have been to war tend to be reticent to share their experiences unless asked and certainly don't brag about their exploits.  IMO, it seems the ones who do tended to be on the fringes of the battlefield.  I don't perceive Carr's novels as attempts to brag but simply a way to monetize his knowledge and experience.

• Like 1
Joe Frickin' Friday

Masako and I are just finishing Endeavour, a British detective drama set in the 1960s and early 1970s.  Free on Amazon Prime, except for season 8.  Mom was British, so I made several trips there in the '70s and this kind of pings my nostalgia a bit - but it's also interesting because of the different tech and culture of the time compared to now.  Several of the characters are veterans of World War II, for example.  

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
16 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

Masako and I are just finishing Endeavour, a British detective drama set in the 1960s and early 1970s.  Free on Amazon Prime, except for season 8.  Mom was British, so I made several trips there in the '70s and this kind of pings my nostalgia a bit - but it's also interesting because of the different tech and culture of the time compared to now.  Several of the characters are veterans of World War II, for example.  

Loved the original and most of the newer seasons, however, the last two seasons have killed my desire.  The episodes have become IMO more soppy and Shaun Evans can't carry the load as a lothario/drunk. 

• 4 months later...

Yellowstone, season five, off to a slow start, but the preview of the season looks good

But in other news, they WILL do a season two of 1883

AND they will be doing 1923 with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren

Somebody Feed Phil is a great travel food show.  Phil is the producer/director from Everybody Loves Raymond, and shows great joy in foods and people.  I highly recommend this show.