IGNORED

Dunlop Roadsmart IV's

craydds

Just bought a new set of Dunlop Roadsmart IVs from American Moto Tire:  https://www.americanmototire.com/street-tires/?narrow=[["Brand"%2C"DUNLOP"]%2C["Model"%2C"ROADSMART 4"]]&sort_by=relevency&disable_semantics=1 .

My bike is a 2019 R1250RT with 10,214 miles on it.  Mounted and balanced the front tire yesterday.  Will get the rear mounted this evening (will also do the 12K service for the final drive).  Looking forward to many happy miles on what should be a great set of tires.  Reports to follow...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I am on my second set of Dunlop Roadsmart 4 and I like them best of all the current brands and versions of tires for a 2018 R1200RT WetHead. 

• Like 3

I just put my second set on yesterday-just over 9000 miles on the first set.   2019 1250RT.  Bike came with Michelins.  After 6000 miles they were cupped and loud and I couldn't wait to try something else.  Dunlops worked for me.  I think I had another 1-2K left, but leaving for a trip Monday that should be 2500-3000 miles, wanted to enjoy the trip and not be monitoring the tires.   My .02

• Like 3
BerettaRacer

I put the Roadsmarts on a few months ago, seem to be working fine for me so far. 

Previously had gone thru a few sets of the Qualifier 3+ but very fast wearing, was doing tires at every oil change, lol.

MichiganBob

I see that you can get the Roadsmart 3 for a lot less cash. Anyone tried them both and have an opinion on if it's work the extra money for the 4's?

Thanks.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, MichiganBob said:

I see that you can get the Roadsmart 3 for a lot less cash. Anyone tried them both and have an opinion on if it's work the extra money for the 4's?

Thanks.

Since we switched to the GS's I still have RS III's on the now barely ridden RT.  I can't compare, but I can certainly say I like the RS III's a lot. I wouldn't hesitate to mount another pair.  

I have used up a set of Roadsmart 2 and then a set of Roadsmart 3 and now have about 3000 miles on a set of Roadsmart 4. This is on a 2003 R1150RT.

To me it feels like the RS 4 are more stable in curves. It's still too early to tell, but I think I'll get more miles out of the RS 4 than I did out of the RS 3 (16000 front, 13000 rear). With 3000 miles on them, the RS 4 still look new.

I just spent two days riding in eastern WV (MSTA Canaan Valley Just for Fun Rally) and the handling on those curvy roads was superb on both dry and wet roads.

• Like 2

RogerC60-heading to WV next week for a few days riding-any roads that I should not miss?   We (son and I) have Butler maps, but any wisdom you would share would be welcome.    Thanks, Dave

US Route 33 from Seneca Rocks east to Harrisonburg, VA. Then find your way south to US Route 250 and ride west. The pavement on both roads is in excellent condition, and there are 4 or 5 sections of insane twisties and hairpin turns.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:21 AM, craydds said:

Looking forward to many happy miles on what should be a great set of tires.  Reports to follow...

I am now on my third set of RS4's.  Present rear tire has over 12K miles on it and is close to the wear bars.  Rear tire saga is complex: 

1)  first RS rear tire had a flat at only 1700 miles, removed it and replaced with second new tire. 

2) put over 8K miles on second rear, replaced it with third new tire due to a planned 4K mile trip (didn't trust that it would do 12K mi.).  I did save this second rear; now I know I can get another 4K miles out of it.

3) third tire got a flat with at only 5K miles, replaced it with first tire (the one with only 1700 miles).

4) I now have over 12K miles on my "first" rear tire.

5) Recently completed my 36K mile service.  Will soon re-install my "new, third" (5K miles) rear tire.  

Confused yet?

The Dunlop RS4's perform well. Handling is excellent.  Other than flats on the rear tires, I have ZERO complaints nor issues.

I would be willing to try any other premium sport touring tire.  But, why?  I love the RS4's! 

• Like 2