IGNORED

BMW Violates California Consumer Laws

geyerlaw

Hello!

On Thursday last I attempted to purchase by special order, a 2022 F900R Roadster with the "Select" package which is the full electronics suite INCLUDING Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) and Heated Grips priced at $975.  The "Configurator" with all of my chosen options provided an MSRP of $10,700.

The dealer used their configurator, arrived at the same MSRP and hit the "order" button. BMW literally changed the pricing to add $350 for the TPM and heated grips s  separately carved out "option" at extra cost.

The dealer initially refused to take my deposit and order the bike but I was able to convince them to go forward.

Has anyone else experience a similar fraud by BMW?  If so I would like to hear from you.

I hope to take delivery of my new bike in November!

Keep the shiny side up and motor on!

Thanks

Mark Geyer

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.   There has been a few threads pertaining to a world-wide chip shortage, which affects BMW Motorrad options/packages for audio and TPM.  Not sure if there are other features affected, but heated grips?   They also maybe controlled through a computer, which requires a chip as well.   First I have heard of that.

As far as any fraud. I do not think  it was intentional.   If you feel as though your were taken then you may opt to contact your state's consumer advocate to inquire about your situation.   You may also want to get contact info for BMW NA representative in your region to see what they have to say.

Hello! 

I am looking forward in 2022 travelling at least 10,000 miles between Ventura County California where I live and many states west of the Rockies.

After my telecon with a "customer service" representative, it is clear that BMW made an error. BMW  admits the mistake but had yet to cure it or appropriately reach out to me other than information gathering. BMW violated it's own configurator and website protocols and has NOT notified any dealers or the public to date if this bait and switch.

I hope to take delivery in November despite the fraud.

If it were a "chip" shortage, then a price increase would have been in my face rather than hidden and sprung on me!

I am an avid motorcyclist and this was my first new bike purchase.  BMW made my purchasing experience very soured rather than a big smile.

Thanks for your input.

Mark

Stuff happens, mistakes are made. I'm sure BMW will make it right.

I doubt that it was intentional fraud.

After you 10,000 mile trips, you will have a smile on your face and won't remember this bump in the road.

Ride Well

From your mouth to God's ears! I plan on leaving Southern Calif north via highway 1 crossing Golden Gate to visit my son and granddaughter in Portland Oregon. Up to Seattle Wash to visit niece and my son and I will 2 wheels to Boise Idaho to see my daughter. Then home the long way!.

I am looking forward at nearly 72 to see the sights having a beer or two in many small "old towns" without any plans or schedule.

You are probably right but old habits are hard to break as I had over 1000 contested trials before I retired to care for my bride that is end stage.

It's the journey, not the purchase!

Thanks for reaching out. From where, might I ask?

R

Mark

Mark,

Welcome to the family. I live in the Mid-Wurst, Southern Illinois where it is hot, hazy and humid during the summer. In addition, we are in a multi-day rain cycle which will include this weekend.

I grew up in Colorado and return frequently to visit my son and his family.

I've ridden west as far as Washington and Oregon and east as far as Meat Cove, NS.

We love to travel along with members as they post photos and write about their travels. If you are so inclined we look forward to your trip.

Ride Well

Thanks for reaching out! When my bike finally arrives, I will really need those heated grips!

Up on 2 wheels is genuinely a community that I have been blessed to be in.

Next year in spring I hope to go your way!

Regards,

Mark