IGNORED

previous rider posting

Skywagon

There was a guy who use to post here occasionally.  I can't remember his name.  He was in West Texas and traveled the US with his dog in a sidecar.  I think he called Terlingua home.  Does anybody remember him or what may have happened to him.  I think it was something like oasis of my soul.

roadscholar
1 hour ago, Skywagon said:

There was a guy who use to post here occasionally.  I can't remember his name.  He was in West Texas and traveled the US with his dog in a sidecar.  I think he called Terlingua home.  Does anybody remember him or what may have happened to him.  I think it was something like oasis of my soul.

I think Ara (Beemerchef) is in New Mexico now, here is a link to his blog, not sure if this is the last entry. His dog Spirit passed away and I remember the sidecar rig sold on Advrider a couple/few years ago.

http://theoasisofmysoul.com/

https://www.amazon.com/Ara-Gureghian/e/B00KOAGY4W%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

John Ranalletta

I wish I had met Ira.  Have a feeling that sitting with and listening to him could lower one's blood pressure.  Brilliant, introspective, inspired.

szurszewski

A good friend of mine bought the rig - I think that was in 2018 - from Ira. Al talked to Ira quite a bit before/after the purchase. Ira was in New Mexico then and al and I had planned to go visit him and do a little carpentry work, but the plan fell through. I’ll check with al and see if two of them are still in touch. 

roadscholar

Ran into Ara once in the late 90's at the BMW campground in Tomoka during bike week, chatted awhile, really nice guy. He was a chef in Naples before quitting and setting out on his quest/journey, had a beautiful K1200RS at the time. Photographer, writer, artist, his book is well worth the $10.00 on Amazon, here's an excerpt.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0996083707/ref=olp_aod_redir_impl1?_encoding=UTF8&aod=1&asin=B00KRO8KJ2&revisionId=7346c373&format=1&depth=1 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ara is in Alamogordo New Mexico, he doesn't ride motorcycles or camp anymore. His health is not good but he keeps himself busy cooking and video gaming. I talk to him every so often since we have a common bond. He is still an amazing man full of wisdom and knowledge from his years traveling the world and his time on the road.

Thanks Paul....I was wondering how he was doing.  I sent an email to his posted yahoo account but didn't get a reply so was a bit worried.  See if you can get him to post up a bit here about what he is up to.  I read his book and enjoyed his adventures.  I wish he could have had his mother come over and stay before she passed.  

I felt a small connection because of his time in Terlingua  I go there at least once a year and have for decades.  A friend of mine (deceased now) was one of the founders of the great Terlingua Chili Cookoff.  I was a judge there for a few years back in the late 80's.

Now we need to find the missionary who use to post here regularly.  I'll start a separate thread for him....

7 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Now we need to find the missionary who use to post here regularly.  I'll start a separate thread for him....

Should be a dedicated section or as least sticky thread for the MIA/AWOL.....
What Ever Happened To XX?   

9 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Thanks Paul....I was wondering how he was doing.  I sent an email to his posted yahoo account but didn't get a reply so was a bit worried.  See if you can get him to post up a bit here about what he is up to.  I read his book and enjoyed his adventures.  I wish he could have had his mother come over and stay before she passed.  

I felt a small connection because of his time in Terlingua  I go there at least once a year and have for decades.  A friend of mine (deceased now) was one of the founders of the great Terlingua Chili Cookoff.  I was a judge there for a few years back in the late 80's.

I don’t remember a missionary, but there was a doctor who moved to Africa and works on humanitarian projects there…