IGNORED

Rabaconda ADV Tire Changer Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Rabaconda ADV Tire Changer Review intro

We all know that tire changing isn’t the most fun thing to do on a Saturday afternoon, or any day of the week for that matter. There are many tire changing systems out there, but nothing quite comes close to Rabaconda’s.

The system was first developed back in 2012 by Jakob Saks and Tonu Kallast. As enduro riders they love the sport but weren’t so fond of existing tire changing methods. So they took on the challenge in their garage, and after countless experiments and multiple prototypes they finally got it right. Since then, their final product has changed the attitude about changing tires for more than 12,000 users.

Rabaconda Tire Changer Review FB

It’s been dubbed the “three-minute tire changer,” as it only takes about three minutes to change a desert tire with a bib mousse insert. I don’t know if you’ve ever experienced mousse bibs. But they are a pain! The system covers all aspects of tire changing from mousse bib, tubeless, to tubed tires.

My first experience with Rabaconda’s system was changing enduro tires, which are tubed 21- and 18-inch wheels. It took a short time to get accustomed to the equipment and become familiar with how it worked, but things started clicking quickly, and in no time I was working it like a pro.

The main benefits are the leverage from the long arm and the ability to break the bead effortlessly which, as most of us know, is often the biggest challenge. I also recommend using plenty of tire lube. I use dish soap and water, which allow things to slide off and on without much effort. It took me a little longer since I was working with a tube set-up. But the more I used the equipment the faster I became.

Next up was my KTM 1190R front tubeless tire. I don’t want to brag, but this took just over two minutes and I couldn’t be happier. This system has changed the way I look at changing tires! It’s crazy to say, but the Rabaconda makes me look forward to changing tires now.

The Rabaconda breaks down and stores in the included carrying case so you can stow it when not in use. The ADV version also comes with the pro set of five tire irons, two 17-inch handled irons, 12–18mm spindles, 28mm adapter, and the 58mm adapter for the BMW GS shaft-type wheels.

If you despise changing your tires yourself, the Rabaconda is definitely worth looking into, and will pay for itself in no time.

Rabaconda Tire Changer Review 1

www.Rabaconda.com

MSRP: $499 for ADV system | $395 for Dirt Bike system

PROS:

• Foldable and stores in included bag
  • Makes changing tires enjoyable(!)
  • Comes with everything you need

CONS:

• Wasn’t available in the U.S. sooner
  • Pricey for the weekend warrior
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/AdvmotoReviewsRss/~4/CjSiQmD9VIc

View the full article