IGNORED

K1200RS 2006 (2005 model)

John BB

My K1200RS, with 40,000 miles on the clock has never let me down before, but now willnot start. 

The bike is used regularly all year round and I had just ridden 24 miles and parked up on the drive at home.  3 days later I came to the bike and it would not start.

Good battery and fully charged.

Good spark at all four new plugs.  

Petrol tank 1/3rd full (having filled the tank a week or so prior to this so not just filled up).

I can hear the fuel pump when the ignition is turned on.

I can hear the engine attempting to start, in fact if I twist the throttle a couple of times prior to engaging the starter motor the engine tries harder and eventually will start by opening the throttle almost fully on high revs, but it always stalls.  

I would appreciate your input please on what to try next.  Many thanks in anticipation (2.7.2021)

• 3 months later...

Have you tested battery under load?

Have seen a lot of "good" batteries that weren't.

Happens quickly sometimes. Good luck.

Oh, "new plugs", check that all are seated and connected.

Fuel delivery may have an issue to determine if flow is correct.

If you can get it to crank enough to eventually start with an open throttle,

it’s probably not the battery. 

I’d be testing for spark and fuel in all cylinders, but I’ve not had to solve this problem on a K.

RoanokeRider

Have you checked the in Tank fuel hoses? Open the fuel filler and watch inside the tank has you crank it. See if there is a lot of movement in the fuel. If so, you likely have a burst/loose hose.