IGNORED

BMW Leather Club Jacket… quality?

Yango

Is anybody here wearing a BMW Leather Club Jacket when you ride? I’m referring to the model with the blue stripe down the sleeves. 

I’m just wondering how these jackets measure up: quality wise, durability, protection, and comfort. 
Or are they really just made for casual wear?

The pads look pittifully wimpy.  I'm sure the quality of materials and workmanship is good (or better than good).  This one only showed the shoulder pad in the vid I saw and it was pitiful.  Said it could be "retrofitted for a back pad".   If retro looks and high price appeal to you, this might be just what you need.

I prefer much better protection in a jacket in the shoulders, elbows, chest, and back. I'm just not concerned about "the look" while walking around.  I am more concerned about walking around after the slide.  BTJM.

I’ve never actually seen one in person. So I have no idea what the quality is.
There’s a guy a few hundred miles from where I am, who has a brand new, never worn Club Jacket that I could probably get for about $250.00 or thereabouts. 

So I’m looking for people who either have one, or had one, and what their experience is/was while wearing it, and their opinion of it—whether it be good or bad. 

szurszewski

I’ve had hands on one a few times and the leather felt substantial to me. If it has the pads you want, or you could add them, I’d think it would be on par with a typical high end leather jacket. 

szurszewski
1 hour ago, Yango said:

Nice. Maybe I’ll make the guy an offer. 

I’d wear one gladly. Maybe not touring, but for a day ride in the right weather probably and definitely for bopping around town or going to bike night type thing with maybe a bit of ride before or after.