IGNORED

R1100S fairing mount trim screws

mophead

Anyone know of an aftermarket source for these screws?  Not thrilled with ebay offerings and sure not thrilled with BMW OEM at $8.41 each.  Its a black button head screw for goodness sake.

This might be better posted in Oilheads.

Here are some that are a little cheaper.  

https://www.bobsbmw.com/store/microfiche/BrowseParts.aspx?GroupName=Frame%2c+Body%2c+Fairing%2c+Luggage+(46)&MBike=51678&GroupID=46

There are several different lengths.  Get the size and description and google it.  Lots of fastener houses out there.  Be aware that the OEM fasteners are slightly pointed to make finding the clip nut (Tinnerman nut) and starting the threads.  I've not found any generic Fillister screws with these pointed ends and it makes a difference.

image.png.c8c79427c5e02f0f13af86e29f850d9a.png

image.png.bca1692aaa271af7fc340cc89a108af5.png

12 hours ago, mophead said:

Anyone know of an aftermarket source for these screws?  Not thrilled with ebay offerings and sure not thrilled with BMW OEM at $8.41 each.  Its a black button head screw for goodness sake.

Morning  mophead

I really can't help you on where to buy just warn you about what to buy. 

BMW OEM uses quality "rolled thread fasteners", most if not all the cheaper (especially Chinese) replacement screws are cut threads with a number of them being cut on non-correct sized base stock.

Not a big deal if the screws go into something that uses conventional nuts on the back side but cut thread screws (especially if made of stainless steel) gall REAL EASY & that can be a big issue if they go into something that is not easy to replace or easy to cut off or get to. 

I have in the past bought individual BMW OEM or even groups of BMW OEM screws from E-bay. The black heads can always be re-finished with a poor-mans powder coat, or polished, but those do give you the OEM rolled (non-galling) threads with proper pointed screw if OEM screw was pointed.

• Like 1