IGNORED

nav 6 icons

steveg

Hi I just picked up a 2020rt with nav 6, while riding assorted icons display on the left  side of the screen,  some I can figure out but others I have no idea. I don't see an explanation in the little German pamphlet that came with it. Any help would be appreciated

Steve

I do not have my Nav VI in front of me, but have you tried touching those icons to see the next screen it will take you to?  I do remember that at the bottom, the left-curved arrow will return you to the previous screen.  

I cannot find my booklet that came with my NAV VI.  so here is what I found on the world wide web.  LINKY

I also just realized that you stated while riding.  The NAV VI will display warnings/ info on the left side that are also shown on the bike's dash, or RID.  For example, low fuel, a snowflake for low ambient temp,  or a Tire Pressure issue.

Hope that helps.

Are you running the Garmin Smart Link app on your phone, in order to get traffic and weather alerts?  If so, those alerts first appear on the top of the screen for a short time, then automatically move to the left side of the Nav VI display.  If you tap on the alert icon, it will open up and give you a further explanation, but they're usually hard to read, especially while riding.  Those icons may well be traffic alerts, and yes, some are a bit baffling.  They're also accompanied by a audible "ding", assuming you have a helmet comms system too.

i can figure out the traffic one but there is one that looks like a speed trap and says .06 but i never encounter a speed trap and the mileage doesnt count down