IGNORED

My First Ride To Mt St Helen

Chunky

Well, the ride suggestions keep rolling in & I keep checking them off as I ride them. Yesterday was a truly beautiful day so a trip to the mountains was in order. From Beaverton, Oregon I too hwy 26 to I405 to I5 North. Exit 49 on I5 is Castle Rock where I picked up 504 and rode it 51 miles until it dead ends at Johnston Ridge Volcano Observatory. Spectacular ride ans awesome scenery with plenty of places to pull over & take pics. It was a 220 mile round trip for me resulting in a great half day ride. Be sure to get of and take in the scenic viewpoints & be sure to bring your camera.

Mt_St_Helen1.jpgVisitor_Center.jpg

Bridge.jpgMountain_RT.jpg

Mountains.jpgMt_St_Helen_Bike.jpg

Nice pictures! I am looking forward to seeing that part of the country in a couple of weeks. I will be staying with friends who live north of Seattle on June 10-11. I do have one question, I will be picking my wife up at Sea-tec airport Friday night. How bad is airport traffic? I'll be on the bike and she is meeting me there and will make the trip home with me.

Rob

Paul_Burkett

Bob, are you sure you moved out there for work, or was it the new adventure of the great riding?

Rob L

When she walks out of the luggage area, have her make a right and walk down to the beginning of the BUS parking area (diagonal yellow stripes).....and wait there for you.

Parking all along that stretch is horrendous........

Or....you can park in the Short Term area, (take your ticket with you) and walk over the sky bridge and meet her at a predesignated area inside the terminal (incoming or departures).

If you park in the Short Term lots....be sure to pay at the automatic thingies just after walking back across any of the bridges. Get your receipt......you'll need it when leaving the compound.

Pat

Have PM'd you also....

Job or no job, you're one lucky guy. Did ya get the job? If not just keep taking those pictures. clap.gif Pat

I did actually move here for the riding. The job is just a hobby to pay for the riding. Their training week conflicted with my regular shift. If I had worked my shift the same week as my training they would have had to pay me 54 hours overtime last week. That's a tad much even for Intel so they said to return Wed of this week & start my normal shift.Sooooo the riding willy nilly is over until Sun-Wed of next week. It's a rough job..... I think!

Marty_feldman.jpg

Paul_Burkett

That's what I thought. You seem to be having too much fun to have moved all of the way across the country just to work(insert the voice of Maynard G. Krebs). Yup, just toooooooo much fun. grin.gif

I regret not being able to see Mt. St. Helens in '04 in conjunction with the Spokane Rally. On my top three places to visit. Nice pics.

rpg

I regret not being able to see Mt. St. Helens in '04 in conjunction with the Spokane Rally. On my top three places to visit. Nice pics.

rpg

Nah, you didn't miss much, most of it is gone grin.gif

Bob,

Nice pics. Another great ride is from Carson to Randle, Wa. on the back (east) side of St. Helens. There is a fantastic panoramic view along the way and lots of nice curves.

Archived