IGNORED

Yes my RT loves me :)

Rider1260

Just recently did a nice 1200 mile round trip thru Wisconsin :) even tho it was cold and rainy at times I had a blast and the bike was flawless ran the heated grips and seat most of the time to keep warm temps in the 40s at times started fine. Lots of rural roads and if I broke down it would have been uncomfortable to say the least. 

SO yesterday I go out for a needed few 100 miles thrash ( to Starved Rock State park ) it was in the 90s or so but a GREAT ride almost all the way home and I was lugging it around a corner and I stalled it ( I never do that ) Hit the Starter and dash goes blank , flashes she is dead , dead , dead.  yep battery just gave up , I was just a few miles from home , nice guy stopped and  gave  me a jump ( he was paying it forward he said ) She was very unhappy getting home unless I kept the revs up but I made it without a tow :) I was just thinking how happy I was that it happened close to home , funny I changed most everything on the bike Tires , Fluids made sure everything was cool and I NEVER looked at the Battery. Silly me.  New Battery on the way. 

Hope everyone has a Great Fathers Day !!!! 

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0093.JPG

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After a few delays on my part happy to say my bike is alive again :) Runs like a champ again turns over really nice. 

A bit of bracket bending and some rubber and the new Battery is a nice snug fit. 

Funny the old battery does measure at 12.9 volts but it will not power then bike at all , crazy dash flashing. 

Hoping for a nice ride this weekend.

IMG_7242.JPG

Batteries can be strange animals. They can test ok, and yet not be ok. Some last forever, my cheap lawnmower battery is 20 years old, some are marginal when new.

• 1 month later...
On 7/2/2021 at 12:48 PM, Rider1260 said:

After a few delays on my part happy to say my bike is alive again :) Runs like a champ again turns over really nice. 

A bit of bracket bending and some rubber and the new Battery is a nice snug fit. 

Funny the old battery does measure at 12.9 volts but it will not power then bike at all , crazy dash flashing. 

Hoping for a nice ride this weekend.

That's pretty funny because I just put an Odyssey in my Tesla (they have 12v batteries too).  Made me do a double take.